Old 02-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Ralf Wildenhues

Default List of packages shipping shell scripts with bashisms + MBF proposal

* Ben Pfaff wrote:
> I'd suggest complaining about those that specify numbers other
> than 0, 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 14, or 15. See
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/trap.html

Is there any system where 13 is not SIGPIPE? I don't know of one, it's
documented in the Autoconf manual as portable, it's used by all
autoconf-generated configure scripts out there, I've never heard any
problems with it. It would be hilarious if Debian were the only system
not to support this usage.

BTW, no matter what POSIX says, named signals are not portable to
pre-POSIX shells, which is why Autoconf and Libtool do not use them.

Cheers,
Ralf