Old 04-16-2011, 06:01 PM
"Hans-J. Ullrich"

Default /run or not /run?

Dear maintainers,

I am a little bit confused of the trouble with the last udev-package.

What is now debian-standard? Must I create a directory /run and make it root-
writable? Or is /run still not standard? Questions, questions, questions.....

At the moment, there is no /run on my system, as it is set up many years ago
(and of course regularly updated). I am using debian/testing (=wheezy)

Best regards

Hans

Old 04-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Adam Borowski

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 08:01:05PM +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Dear maintainers,
>
> I am a little bit confused of the trouble with the last udev-package.
>
> What is now debian-standard? Must I create a directory /run and make it root-
> writable? Or is /run still not standard? Questions, questions, questions.....

You need to Pre-Depend on initscripts >= 2.88dsf-13.3, which hasn't been
uploaded yet.

Ie, just wait, and use the old directories if you want to upload your
package now.

--
1KB // Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
// Never attribute to stupidity what can be