Old 04-16-2011, 04:00 AM
Thomas Goirand

Default Packaging cloud-utils in Debian

Hi,

As I am packaging Openstack in Debian, I will need to also package the
"cloud-utils" package that you currently maintain.

The issue is that currently, your package is a native package. That
makes it impossible for me to use a .orig.tar.gz and eventually have
differences separated in a specific file.

Would you be able to make your package non-native, using an orig.tar.gz?
That would greatly help me.

As for other DDs reading debian-devel, what solution do I have available
here?

Thanks,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Old 04-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Paul Wise

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

> As for other DDs reading debian-devel, what solution do I have available
> here?

Use dpkg-source v3, which deletes any debian/ directory from the
upstream tarball when unpacking.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 04-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Reinhard Tartler

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 06:42:00 (CEST), Paul Wise wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> As for other DDs reading debian-devel, what solution do I have available
>> here?
>
> Use dpkg-source v3, which deletes any debian/ directory from the
> upstream tarball when unpacking.

And rename the 'native' source package tarball to .orig.tar.gz, and
continue non-natively. I've done that a couple of times in Ubuntu with
Debian native packages already without problems.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4

Old 04-20-2011, 03:41 AM