Old 04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Jérémy Bobbio

Default Intent to hijack haveged

Hi,

haveged has 2 RC bugs opened since August 2010. Despite solutions and
patches provided by users and other developers to fix them many months
ago, there is still no actions or comments by the current maintainer.

There is also 3 other open bugs and a new upstream release has also been
made early January.

Sven Hartge has tried to contact Steve Kostecke multiple times and never
got a reply. My own mails were also left unanswered.

Since it appears that Steve has lost interest in maintaining haveged, I
have uploaded to DELAYED/7 a new version of the package fixing all bugs
currently opened. A Git repository has also been created in
collab-maint:

git://git.debian.org/git/collb-maint/haveged.git
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/haveged.git

If anyone objects the DELAYED upload can be canceled.

(Please Cc: me, I am not subscribed to debian-devel.)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio .'`.
lunar@debian.org : :Ⓐ : # apt-get install anarchism

Old 04-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Bernd Zeimetz

Hi,

a hijack and bringing haveged into a usable shape would be very appreciated!

Cheers,

Bernd

On 04/15/2011 07:59 PM, Jrmy Bobbio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> haveged has 2 RC bugs opened since August 2010. Despite solutions and
> patches provided by users and other developers to fix them many months
> ago, there is still no actions or comments by the current maintainer.
>
> There is also 3 other open bugs and a new upstream release has also been
> made early January.
>
> Sven Hartge has tried to contact Steve Kostecke multiple times and never
> got a reply. My own mails were also left unanswered.
>
> Since it appears that Steve has lost interest in maintaining haveged, I
> have uploaded to DELAYED/7 a new version of the package fixing all bugs
> currently opened. A Git repository has also been created in
> collab-maint:
>
> git://git.debian.org/git/collb-maint/haveged.git
> http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/haveged.git
>
> If anyone objects the DELAYED upload can be canceled.
>
> (Please Cc: me, I am not subscribed to debian-devel.)
>
> Cheers,

http://bzed.de http://www.debian.org
GPG Fingerprint: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F