Old 04-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Andrew McMillan

Default Bits from the 4th Debian Groupware Meeting

Hi Guido,

I have an interest in calendaring & contacts myself, and while I
probably can't make it to such meetings very often in Europe I'd
appreciate being aware of plans, just in case I can participate in some
useful way, even if remotely.

Thanks,
Andrew.

On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 23:11 +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> The fourth Debian Groupware Meeting[1] was held in the LinuxHotel,
> Essen, Germany[2]. This is a short summary of what happened during the
> weekend:
>
> * We pushed new versions of icedove and iceowl to unstable fixing
> several issues with gnome-shell in the later. Unstable now ships
> packages based on Thunderbird's current 3.1 branch.
>
> * The iceowl-l10n language package got resurrected (currently sitting
> in NEW) providing translations for iceowl-extension and (in a yet
> incomplete way) for iceowl.
>
> * We've done Citadel ↔ ice{dove,owl} interop testing and bug
> fixing.
>
> * Work was done on Citadel's event driven SMTP client and IPv6
> compatibility
>
> * The z-push package got updated[3] to 1.5.1. The patent restrictions
> are resolved now and we're closer to resolving the trademark issues.
> So hopefully an upload to main can happen real soon now.
>
> * SOGo packaging made nice progress[4]. Remaining issues involve linking
> against GNUTLS to resolve the OpenSSL GPL license incompatibility,
> and handling of the embedded copies of JavaScript libraries.
>
> * We updated the groupware overview[5] page.
>
> * We were invited by the FrOSCon[6] organizers to join their barbecue.
> Many thanks for that!
>
> Cheers,
> -- Guido
>
> [1]: http://wiki.debian.org/GroupwareMeeting2011-04-01to03
> [2]: http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.html
> [3]: http://git.debian.org/?p=users/wolfi-guest/z-push.git
> [4]: http://www.mail-archive.com/users@sogo.nu/msg04832.html
> [5]: http://wiki.debian.org/Groupware
> [6]: http://www.froscon.org/

The only thing better than love is milk.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Guido Günther

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 06:15:15PM +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> Hi Guido,
>
> I have an interest in calendaring & contacts myself, and while I
> probably can't make it to such meetings very often in Europe I'd
> appreciate being aware of plans, just in case I can participate in some
> useful way, even if remotely.

I noticed that the cross groupware list (which got the announcement)
wasn't mentioned in the wiki at:

http://wiki.debian.org/Groupware

I changed that. The announcement also went out to:

To: pkg-evolution-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org,
pkg-kolab-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org, debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org,
calendarserver-discuss@lists.alioth.debian.org,
pkg-mozilla-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org,
pkg-citadel-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org,
pkg-roundcube-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org

Sorry I missed davical. Subscribing to the list is probably safest. It's
almost zero volume.
Cheers,
-- Guido