Old 04-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Neil Williams

Default Old Release goal: Getting rid of unneeded *.la / emptying dependency_libs

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 11:38:58 +0000 (UTC)
Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:

> On 2011-04-03, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> > I'm now getting patches from Ubuntu to catch up the effects of this old
> > Release Goal. I fully support the removal of .la files [0] but it would
> > be good if we could refresh the original goal so that .la files can be
> > removed rather than applying a piece-meal set of patches to only
> > certain packages which have been spotted independently. That way leads
> > only to pain.
>
> .la files themselves are harmless, if the dependency_libs field is
> cleared.

Harmless, but are they actually then useful?

It is far cleaner to simply not package the .la file than to mangle it
with sed in debian/rules - my contention is that removing the file is
the best solution to the harm done by the dependency_libs field.

> There might be hard to replace old copies of libltdl in various code
> pieces that can only open libraries/plugins with .la files. src:kdelibs
> (which is about to be removed from debian) is one such example. I don't
> know if there is others.

At least if we drop the low-hanging fruit of all the other packages
which package .la files without libltdl complications, it would be
easier to see if it is hard to replace old copies of libltdl or not.

--

Neil Williams
=============

Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Sune Vuorela

On 2011-04-03, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
>> .la files themselves are harmless, if the dependency_libs field is
>> cleared.
>
> Harmless, but are they actually then useful?

I just gave a example on where it is not only useful, but required.

>> There might be hard to replace old copies of libltdl in various code=20
>> pieces that can only open libraries/plugins with .la files. src:kdelibs
>> (which is about to be removed from debian) is one such example. I don't
>> know if there is others.
>
> At least if we drop the low-hanging fruit of all the other packages
> which package .la files without libltdl complications, it would be
> easier to see if it is hard to replace old copies of libltdl or not.

I tried replacing the old copy of libltdl in kdelibs some years ago. I
got it easily building, but everything stopped working, I knew what to
do about getting everything working, but I ended up giving up because it
was too much work.

/Sune

Old 04-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Mathieu Parent

Hi,

2011/4/3 Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/08/msg00808.html

(...)

> Let's try and handle the .la file issue across all of Debian.

dh-make 0.58 install .la files by default
(/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debianl/package-dev.install contains
"usr/lib/*.la")

Should we change this also?

Mathieu

Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Neil Williams

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 14:57:22 +0200
Mathieu Parent <math.parent@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2011/4/3 Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/08/msg00808.html
> >
> (...)
> >
> > Let's try and handle the .la file issue across all of Debian.
>
> dh-make 0.58 install .la files by default
> (/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debianl/package-dev.install contains
> "usr/lib/*.la")

This is about "unneeded" .la files. As Sune points out, there are some
situations where it is more work to remove the .la file than it is
worth. So it isn't a blanket removal, it is about getting a consistent
approach across Debian so that issues like the one Sune describes can
be more clearly identified.

dh_make does not set the defaults in Debian. Maintainers must make
their own decisions about which bits of a dh_make setup deserve to be
retained in their packaging of that package, according to Policy.
Policy 10.2 is the discussion point here. Since Policy 10.2 was last
updated, Multi-Arch has changed the "penalty" for getting this bit of
Policy wrong.

This is about identifying .la files which can be removed to make
things easier in Multi-Arch world.

> Should we change this also?

It is possible that a lintian warning can be arranged to indicate when
it might be unhelpful to package the .la file but that is no different
to lots of other bits of dh_make which are created at initial packaging
but which later need removal or adjustment.

--

Neil Williams
=============

Old 04-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Andreas Metzler

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> I'm now getting patches from Ubuntu to catch up the effects of this old
> Release Goal. I fully support the removal of .la files [0] but it would
> be good if we could refresh the original goal so that .la files can be
> removed rather than applying a piece-meal set of patches to only
> certain packages which have been spotted independently. That way leads
> only to pain.

> Let's try and handle the .la file issue across all of Debian.

> Andreas: the process you used to create the initial list - is that
> available as a script somewhere? Can it be re-run? Can the updated
> output be filtered for the libraries which can have the .la files
> removed immediately and then passed through dd-list?
[...]

Afaiu the script output http://release.debian.org/~aba/la/current.txt
is automatically updated. e.g. libvmime (fixed 2011-03-07) is not
included anymore.

Combine the script output with
to get up-to-date instructions.

cu andreas

Old 04-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Andreas Metzler

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> It is far cleaner to simply not package the .la file than to mangle it
> with sed in debian/rules - my contention is that removing the file is
> the best solution to the harm done by the dependency_libs field.
[...]

Hello,
If you removed an la file that is listed in another's packages la file
dependency_libs, the other package would be broken. You'll need to
clean up the latter's dependency_libs / remove its la_lile *first.*
cu andreas

Old 04-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Neil Williams

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 19:49:22 +0200
Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:

> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> [...]
> > It is far cleaner to simply not package the .la file than to mangle it
> > with sed in debian/rules - my contention is that removing the file is
> > the best solution to the harm done by the dependency_libs field.
> [...]
>
> Hello,
> If you removed an la file that is listed in another's packages la file
> dependency_libs, the other package would be broken. You'll need to
> clean up the latter's dependency_libs / remove its la_lile *first.*
> cu andreas

That was part of the original Release Goal but, you're right, I left
that bit out of the original post. That's why the list starts with leaf
packages and related libraries.

The data used for my dd-list includes this part of the calculation. It
lists only those packages which would appear to not have any packages
using the .la file in question. That is why it is safe to remove
the .la file from any of the packages listed - AS LONG AS the
maintainer checks that no new packages have added the package as a
dependency since the data was generated.

This is also why the data needs to be re-generated. Not only are there
packages which are listed but which are already fixed, there are
packages which are listed as depending on the removal of .la files from
packages which are long fixed.

--

Neil Williams
=============

Old 04-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Neil Williams

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 19:45:13 +0200
Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:

> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> > Andreas: the process you used to create the initial list - is that
> > available as a script somewhere? Can it be re-run? Can the updated
> > output be filtered for the libraries which can have the .la files
> > removed immediately and then passed through dd-list?
> [...]
>
> Afaiu the script output http://release.debian.org/~aba/la/current.txt
> is automatically updated. e.g. libvmime (fixed 2011-03-07) is not
> included anymore.

Thanks. Should have checked that URL - it's moved from ftp-master.d.o.

> Combine the script output with
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/08/msg00808.html
> to get up-to-date instructions.

To generate the dd-list, I've used:
$ wget http://release.debian.org/~aba/la/current.txt
$ grep -v depended-on current.txt |cut -d: -f1|xargs dd-list > ddlist.txt

That dd-list is attached from today's data.

My updated info:

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
gpe-expenses (waiting for bug number)
libcontactsdb (U) #620444
libgpeschedule #620616
libhandoff #620655
libsoundgen #620618
tslib #620658

--

Neil Williams
=============

"Adam C. Powell
freecad (U)
illuminator (U)

Hideki Yamane (Debian-JP) <henrich@debian.or.jp>
chasen (U)
libsylph

Guenter Geiger (Debian/GNU) <geiger@debian.org>
ladcca

Davide Puricelli (evo) <evo@debian.org>
xchat

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <faw@debian.org>
mp4h (U)

Laszlo Boszormenyi (GCS) <gcs@debian.hu>
ceph
libsidplay
sidplay-libs

Adam Cécile (Le_Vert) <gandalf@le-vert.net>
fuse (U)
libtunepimp

Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@debian.org>
gpt

Masayuki Hatta (mhatta) <mhatta@debian.org>
aiksaurus
ots
psiconv

Loic Dachary (OuoU) <loic@debian.org>
jaula
unac

Peter De Schrijver (p2) <p2@debian.org>
hercules

Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) <paulliu@debian.org>
bisho
ibus-client-clutter
libsocialweb
mojito
nbtk
xracer
xsystem35

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke@linuxia.de>
courier-authlib

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <jdassen@debian.org>
gnumeric
goffice

Andrew Lee (????) <ajqlee@debian.org>
menu-cache (U)

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>
ace-of-penguins

Tim Abbott <tabbott@mit.edu>
cddlib
fplll
iml
libm4ri
linbox

Adam C. Powell
salome (U)

Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org>
db4.6 (U)

W. van den Akker <wvdakker@wilsoft.nl>
gutenprint (U)

Matthias Albert <matthias@linux4experts.de>
glusterfs (U)

Moray Allan <moray@debian.org>
gpe-expenses (U)
libcontactsdb
libgpeschedule (U)
libhandoff (U)
libmatchbox
libsoundgen (U)
tslib (U)

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>
gss (U)
openldap (U)
shibboleth-sp2 (U)

Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org>
libjpeg8

Thorsten Alteholz <debian@alteholz.de>
libctl

Nick Andrik <nick.andrik@gmail.com>
guifications

Kumar Appaiah <akumar@debian.org>
flickcurl
libitpp

Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org>
binutils-avr

SZALAY Attila <sasa@debian.org>
eventlog
libzorpll
zorp

Anibal Avelar <aavelar@cofradia.org>
bio2jack
subtitleeditor

Ikuya Awashiro <ikuya@oooug.jp>
scim-canna
scim-prime
scim-skk

Joost van Baal <joostvb@debian.org>
timblserver (U)
ucto (U)

Sebastien Bacher <seb128@debian.org>
dia-newcanvas
mlview
rubrica

Alan Baghumian <alan@technotux.org>
jcal (U)

Lars Bahner <bahner@debian.org>
varnish (U)

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
libopensync-plugin-gnokii
libopensync-plugin-google-calendar
libopensync-plugin-gpe
libopensync-plugin-irmc
libopensync-plugin-kdepim
libopensync-plugin-opie
libopensync-plugin-palm
libopensync-plugin-python (U)
libopensync-plugin-sunbird
maloc

Mirco Bauer <meebey@debian.org>
gnome-subtitles (U)

Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org>
openldap (U)

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
ecryptfs-utils (U)

Daniel Baumann <daniel@lists.debian-maintainers.org>
ecryptfs-utils

Christian Bayle <bayle@debian.org>
gatos
libibtk

Edelhard Becker <edelhard@debian.org>
rtai

Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>
amora-server
mp4h (U)

Dave Beckett <dajobe@debian.org>
flickcurl (U)
rasqal
redland

Dominique Belhachemi <domibel@debian.org>
torque (U)

Luciano Bello <luciano@debian.org>
libmimic
nepenthes

Hilko Bengen <bengen@debian.org>
hivex

Philipp Benner <pbenner@uni-osnabrueck.de>
cunit

Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>
sdate

Chris Vanden Berghe <chrisvdb@debian.org>
meanwhile

Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>
vips

Jon Bernard <jbernard@debian.org>
libgrss
ltt-control
lttv
ust

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org>
libsmi

Armin Berres <trigger+debian@space-based.de>
kdelibs (U)

Olly Betts <olly@survex.com>
xapian-core

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>
lksctp-tools

Luca Bigliardi <shammash@artha.org>
freej

K?stutis Biliūnas <kebil@kaunas.init.lt>
fontforge (U)

Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>
libieee1284
sane-backends

Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org>
libdebian-installer (U)

Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>
encfs

Phil Blundell <pb@debian.org>
libcontactsdb (U)
libgpeschedule (U)
libhandoff (U)
libsoundgen (U)
tslib (U)

W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org>
snacc
snacc (U)

Wolfgang Borgert <debacle@debian.org>
dia (U)

Ivan Borzenkov <ivan1986@list.ru>
librcc
librcd

Raphael Bossek <bossekr@debian.org>
osspsa

A. Maitland Bottoms <bottoms@debian.org>
coolkey
dime

Fabien Boucher <fabien.dot.boucher@gmail.com>
libxr

Regis Boudin <regis@debian.org>
libbtparse

Fathi Boudra <fabo@debian.org>
exiv2 (U)
icecc (U)
kdelibs (U)
log4c
splashy (U)

Nicolas Boullis <nboullis@debian.org>
vcdimager

Jeremy T. Bouse <jbouse@debian.org>
libgcgi

Emmanuel Bouthenot <kolter@openics.org>
libexif-gtk (U)

John Bovey <jdb@kent.ac.uk>
libnjb

Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de>
ia32-libs (U)

Jeff Breidenbach <jab@debian.org>
leptonlib

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org>
pam-dbus

Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>
fontforge (U)
libtorrent (U)

Phil Brooke <pjb@debian.org>
adasockets

Paul Brossier <piem@debian.org>
alsaplayer (U)
aubio
kino
smilutils (U)

Mark Brown <broonie@debian.org>
mm

Matt Brown <mattb@debian.org>
libtrace3

Tim Brown <timb@nth-dimension.org.uk>
openvas-libnasl (U)

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org>
guile-1.8

Achim D. Brucker <brucker@member.fsf.org>
polyml (U)

Jan-Michael Brummer <jan.brummer@tabos.org>
isdnutils (U)

Luca Bruno <lucab@debian.org>
istanbul
nemiver

Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@debian.org>
gnucash

Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org>
cwidget
libsigc++

Ben Burton <bab@debian.org>
snappea

Ross Burton <ross@debian.org>
last-exit (U)
network-manager-openconnect

Chris Butler <chrisb@debian.org>
libcgicc

Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com>
handlersocket

Damien Caliste <damien.caliste@cea.fr>
v-sim (U)

Devin Carraway <devin@debian.org>
pidgin-librvp

Thierry Carrez <thierry.carrez@ubuntu.com>
axis2c (U)

Michael Casadevall <sonicmctails@gmail.com>
libxfcegui4 (U)

Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org>
ldm (U)

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo@minaslivre.org>
jabberd2 (U)

Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org>
g15daemon

Ludovico Cavedon <cavedon@debian.org>
htmlcxx

Zack Cerza <zcerza@coe.neu.edu>
kaffeine-mozilla

Pierre Chifflier <pollux@debian.org>
libcap-ng
libhtp
liblognorm
nufw
openscap
prelude-lml (U)
prelude-manager (U)
wzdftpd

ClamAV Team <pkg-clamav-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
clamav

Sam Clegg <samo@debian.org>
sqliteodbc

Isaac Clerencia <isaac@debian.org>
sphinx2

Peter Clifton <pcjc2@cam.ac.uk>
geda-gaf (U)

Guy Coates <gmpc@sanger.ac.uk>
dapl (U)
ibutils (U)
libibcm (U)
libibmad (U)
libsdp (U)
opensm (U)

Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com>
spandsp (U)

Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@debian.org>
libhdate (U)

Peter Collingbourne <peter@pcc.me.uk>
ladr

John M Collins <jmc@xisl.com>
gnuspool

Robert Collins <robertc@robertcollins.net>
libgetopt++
libopensync-plugin-gnokii (U)
libopensync-plugin-google-calendar (U)
libopensync-plugin-gpe (U)
libopensync-plugin-irmc (U)
libopensync-plugin-opie (U)
libopensync-plugin-palm (U)
libopensync-plugin-sunbird (U)

Robin Cornelius <robin.cornelius@gmail.com>
xmlrpc-epi

Arnaud Cornet <acornet@debian.org>
libmpd

Andrea Corradi <lash@unstable.it>
nemiver (U)

Philippe Coval <rzr@gna.org>
newmat
ois

Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz <rodrigo@debian.org>
liferea
rep-gtk
sawfish
stunnel4

Tim Cutts <timc@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
am-utils

Joost Yervante Damad <andete@debian.org>
binutils-z80
wireshark (U)

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>
libisoburn (U)
libisofs (U)
sofia-sip (U)

Mario Danic <mario.danic@gmail.com>
libisoburn (U)
libisofs (U)

Matthew Danish <mrd@debian.org>
libparagui1.1 (U)
sdl-stretch (U)

Vincent Danjean <Vincent.Danjean@ens-lyon.org>
linbox (U)

Julien Danjou <acid@debian.org>
oocairo

LI Daobing <lidaobing@debian.org>
fcitx (U)
input-pad (U)
zinnia (U)

Debian ALSA Maintainers <pkg-alsa-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
alsa-tools

Debian Arabic Packaging Team <debian-arabic-packages@lists.alioth.debian.org>
jcal

Debian BOINC Maintainers <pkg-boinc-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
boinc

Debian CLI Applications Team <pkg-cli-apps-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
banshee
banshee-community-extensions
gnome-do
gnome-subtitles
tangerine

Debian Dia Team <pkg-dia-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
dia

Debian Electronics Team <pkg-electronics-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
geda-gaf
gerbv

Debian Fonts Task Force <pkg-fonts-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
fontforge

Debian Forensics <forensics-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
afflib
libphash
sleuthkit
ssdeep

Debian FreeSmartphone.Org Team <pkg-fso-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libfsoresource
libgsm0710mux

Debian Games Team <pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
flatzebra
kxl
ogre (U)
quesoglc

Debian GCC Maintainers <debian-gcc@lists.debian.org>
ppl

Debian GGZ Maintainers <pkg-ggz-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
ggz-grubby
ggz-gtk-client
ggz-server

Debian GIS Project <pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
proj
shapelib
spatialindex

Debian GNOME Maintainers <pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
gconfmm2.6 (U)
gnome-vfsmm2.6 (U)
last-exit (U)
libgnomecanvasmm2.6 (U)

Debian GNU Smalltalk maintainers <pkg-gnu-smalltalk-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
gnu-smalltalk

Debian GPE team <pkg-gpe-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
gpe-expenses (U)
libcontactsdb (U)
libgpeschedule (U)
libhandoff (U)
libsoundgen (U)
tslib (U)

Debian GStreamer team <pkg-gstreamer-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
gst-entrans

Debian HA Maintainers <debian-ha-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
pacemaker-mgmt

Debian Hamradio Maintainers <debian-hams@lists.debian.org>
hamlib
libax25
tqsllib

Debian Hebrew Packaging Team <debian-hebrew-package@lists.alioth.debian.org>
hocr
libhdate

Debian HPIJS and HPLIP maintainers <pkg-hpijs-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
hplip

Debian ia32-libs Team <pkg-ia32-libs-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
ia32-libs

Debian Install System Team <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
discover
libdebian-installer

Debian Java maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
rxtx

Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
tomcat-native

Debian KDE Extras Team <pkg-kde-extras@lists.alioth.debian.org>
exiv2
icecc

Debian Krap Maintainers <debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org>
libnova

Debian Libburnia packagers <pkg-libburnia-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libisoburn
libisofs

Debian LXDE Packaging Team <pkg-lxde-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
menu-cache

Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>
igraph
libctapimkt

Debian Mono Group <pkg-mono-group@lists.alioth.debian.org>
mono-uia-atkbridge

Debian Multimedia Maintainers <pkg-multimedia-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
bristol
jamin
liblrdf

Debian multimedia packages maintainers <pkg-multimedia-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
a52dec
dirac
libdca
libdvbpsi
libdvbpsi5

Debian Multimedia Packages Maintainers <pkg-multimedia-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
scenic

Debian MySQL Maintainers <pkg-mysql-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
mysql-proxy

Debian MythTV Team <pkg-mythtv-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
twolame

Debian OLPC <debian-olpc-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
pyabiword
sugar-artwork-0.84
sugar-artwork-0.86
sugar-artwork-0.88
sugar-artwork-0.90
sugar-base-0.84
sugar-base-0.86
sugar-base-0.88
sugar-base-0.90
sugar-datastore-0.84
sugar-datastore-0.86
sugar-datastore-0.88
sugar-datastore-0.90
sugar-hulahop
sugar-toolkit-0.84
sugar-toolkit-0.86
sugar-toolkit-0.88
sugar-toolkit-0.90

Debian OpenLDAP Maintainers <pkg-openldap-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
openldap

Debian OpenStreetMap Team <pkg-osm-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
osm-gps-map

Debian PhotoTools Maintainers <pkg-phototools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libexif-gtk
libgphoto2
pfstools

Debian Printing Group <debian-printing@lists.debian.org>
gutenprint

Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers <debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org>
kdelibs

Debian Science Maintainers <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
cqrlib
freecad
gerris
illuminator
libgtkdatabox
mathgl
mpich2
neartree
openturns
polylib
polyml
salome

Debian Science Team <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
blitz++
geomview
getfem++
gtkmathview
libalberta2
libfvm
libmei
scilab
simage
timblserver
ucto
v-sim
wordnet

Debian Scientific Computation Team <pkg-scicomp-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
glpk-java

Debian Scientific Computing Team <pkg-scicomp-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
ann
arpack++
freefem

Debian SDL packages maintainers <pkg-sdl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libparagui1.1
sdl-stretch

Debian Shib Team <pkg-shibboleth-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
shibboleth-sp2

Debian Tcl/Tk Packagers <pkg-tcltk-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
tclreadline

Debian VoIP Team <pkg-voip-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libccaudio2
libccscript3
libzrtpcpp
linphone
radiusclient-ng
siproxd
sofia-sip
spandsp

Debian VSquare Team <pkg-vsquare-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
lwipv6
purelibc
umview

Debian WML Packaging Team <pkg-wml-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
mp4h

Debian Xfce Maintainers <pkg-xfce-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libxfcegui4

Debian XMPP Maintainers <pkg-xmpp-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
jabberd2
taningia

Debian-Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>
volpack

Barry deFreese <bdefreese@debian.org>
kxl (U)
sdl-stretch (U)

Sebastien Delafond <seb@debian.org>
mpdcron

Matthieu Delahaye <matthieu@debian.org>
libunwind

Murat Demirten <murat@debian.org>
ettercap

Tim Dijkstra <tim@famdijkstra.org>
splashy (U)

Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org>
gcompris
tulip

Jan Dittberner <jandd@debian.org>
pam-pgsql

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@debian.org>
music

Mattia Dongili <malattia@debian.org>
cpufreqd
cpufrequtils

Bryan Donlan <bdonlan@gmail.com>
moodbar

Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org>
giblib
libassa
libp11
opensc

Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com>
libcxgb3
libipathverbs
libmlx4
libmthca

Ludovic Drolez <ldrolez@debian.org>
swish-e

Sebastian Dröge <slomo@debian.org>
banshee (U)
bsl (U)
gst0.10-python (U)
last-exit
tangerine (U)

Boris Dušek <dusek@brailcom.org>
speech-dispatcher

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>
dieharder
ggobi
gretl
jags
quantlib
slurm-llnl (U)

Robert S. Edmonds <edmonds@debian.org>
libbind
protobuf (U)

Dimitrios Eftaxiopoulos <eftaxi12@otenet.gr>
mathgl (U)

Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org>
libgc

Mathew Eis <mathew@eisbox.net>
libicns

Peter Eisentraut <petere@debian.org>
ggz-grubby (U)
ggz-gtk-client (U)
ggz-server (U)
lzo2
psqlodbc
source-highlight

Free Ekanayaka <freee@debian.org>
bristol (U)

أ*?د ا??*??د? (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy) <aelmahmoudy@sabily.org>
geda-gaf (U)
mlterm (U)

Zak B. Elep <zakame@spunge.org>
libmemcache

Mattias Ellert <mattias.ellert@fysast.uu.se>
dcap
globus-xio-gsi-driver
globus-xio-pipe-driver
globus-xio-popen-driver
nordugrid-arc-nox (U)

Baruch Even <baruch@debian.org>
hocr (U)
libhdate (U)

Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
pyparted (U)

Bartosz Fenski <fenio@debian.org>
fuse
libstatgrab
libuninum
potrace

John Francesco Ferlito <johnf@inodes.org>
liboggplay

Joao Eriberto Mota Filho <eriberto@eriberto.pro.br>
libpcapnav

Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@free.fr>
libgarmin

FingerForce Team <fingerforce-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libfprint

Sean Finney <seanius@debian.org>
libgd2 (U)

Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>
openfetion (U)

Morten Werner Forsbring <werner@debian.org>
sssd (U)

Laurent Fousse <lfousse@debian.org>
mpclib

Jochen Friedrich <jochen@debian.org>
c-icap (U)

Jochen Friedrich <jochen@scram.de>
pinball

Stephen Frost <sfrost@debian.org>
openldap (U)

Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@debian.at>
irssi
mcabber (U)

Peter S Galbraith <psg@debian.org>
libtcd
proj (U)

Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org>
libiptcdata (U)

Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
amanda
gnuradio

Ludovico Gardenghi <garden@acheronte.it>
lwipv6 (U)

Ludovico Gardenghi <garden@debian.org>
purelibc (U)
umview (U)

André Gaul <gaul@web-yard.de>
libalberta2 (U)

GD team <pkg-gd-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libgd2

Geany Packaging Team <pkg-geany-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
geany-plugins

Alexander GQ Gerasiov <gq@debian.org>
xneur

RISKO Gergely <risko@debian.org>
libmcrypt

Alessandro Ghedini <al3xbio@gmail.com>
failmalloc

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net>
libvorbisidec

Thomas Girard <thomas.g.girard@free.fr>
gnu-smalltalk (U)

Filippo Giunchedi <filippo@debian.org>
lwipv6 (U)
purelibc (U)
umview (U)

Filippo Giunchedi <filippo@esaurito.net>
sensors-applet (U)

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
libdbi-drivers

Nico Golde <nion@debian.org>
openbox

Evgeni Golov <sargentd@die-welt.net>
dynamite

Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org>
geany-plugins (U)
libindicate (U)
unshield

Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@debian.org>
couchdb (U)
tclreadline (U)

rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@gmail.com>
whysynth

Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>
clamav (U)

Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com>
ldm (U)

Cristian Greco <cristian@regolo.cc>
libtorrent-rasterbar
sleuthkit (U)

Fabian Greffrath <fabian+debian@greffrath.com>
a52dec (U)

Fabian Greffrath <fabian@debian-unofficial.org>
libdca (U)

Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org>
libnoise
ois (U)

Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>
adplug
bacula
beecrypt
db
db4.6
db4.7
ddccontrol
gnuift
htdig
lib3ds
libcdaudio
libdiscid
libifp
libiodbc2
librsync
libspf
libxml++
libytnef
opencryptoki
radiusclient
rapidsvn
xbae

Chris Grzegorczyk <grze@eucalyptus.com>
axis2c (U)
rampart (U)

Yu Guanghui <ygh@debian.org>
fcitx (U)

Daniel Gubser <guterm@debian.org>
uptimed

Gudjon I. Gudjonsson <gudjon@gudjon.org>
comedilib
gerbv (U)

Serge Guelton <serge.guelton@enst-bretagne.fr>
polylib (U)

serge guelton <serge.guelton@enst-bretagne.fr>
hyantesite

Aurélien G?R?ME <ag@roxor.cx>
hfsplus

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org>
libsrs2
llvm-gcc-4.2 (U)

Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>
boinc (U)

Philipp Matthias Hahn <pmhahn@debian.org>
audit
xosd

Pascal Hakim <pasc@debian.org>
snort (U)

Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>
edac-utils
freeipmi

D Haley <mycae@yahoo.com>
mathgl (U)

Fredrik Hallenberg <hallon@debian.org>
google-mock

Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org>
quagga

Paul TBBle Hampson <paul.hampson@pobox.com>
xmlrpc-epi (U)

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
gnuspool (U)

Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>
volpack (U)

Chris Hanson <cph@debian.org>
mhash

Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@v13.gr>
libnet

Sebastian Harl <tokkee@debian.org>
pfstools (U)
rrdtool (U)

Asias He <asias.hejun@gmail.com>
input-pad (U)
openfetion (U)

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@debian.org>
varnish (U)

Uwe Hermann <uwe@debian.org>
openocd
usbprog

Varun Hiremath <varun@debian.org>
libmrss
pidgin-festival
pidgin-libnotify

Sam Hocevar <sho@debian.org>
editline
libcaca

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>
hplip (U)

Simon Horman <horms@debian.org>
pacemaker-mgmt (U)
perdition

Zhengpeng Hou <zhengpeng-hou@ubuntu.com>
moblin-gtk-engine

Scott Howard <showard@debian.org>
rxtx (U)

Albert Huang <ash@debian.org>
urg

Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li>
libxfcegui4 (U)

Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@debian.org>
libparagui1.1 (U)
sdl-stretch (U)

Nicholas Humfrey <njh@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
twolame (U)

Masami Ichikawa <masami256@gmail.com>
autounit

Teemu Ikonen <tpikonen@gmail.com>
cqrlib (U)
freecad (U)
neartree (U)

IME Packaging Team <pkg-ime-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
fcitx
input-pad
libucimf
openvanilla-modules
ucimf-openvanilla
zinnia

TransNexus, Inc. <support@transnexus.com>
osptoolkit

Mario Iseli <mario@debian.org>
mcabber

IV <hazelsct@debian.org>
salome (U)

John H. Robinson, IV <jaqque@debian.org>
wmaker

IV" <hazelsct@debian.org>
freecad (U)
illuminator (U)

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org>
openvrml (U)

Matthias Jahn <jahn.matthias@freenet.de>
libopensync-plugin-python

Jan Janak <jan@iptel.org>
radiusclient-ng (U)

Michael Janssen <jamuraa@debian.org>
stage

Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>
libparagui1.1 (U)
qfits
sdl-stretch (U)

Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@ubuntu.com>
banshee (U)
banshee-community-extensions (U)
geany-plugins (U)
tangerine (U)

Joel Johnson <mrjoel@lixil.net>
dovecot (U)

Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org>
lirc (U)
nxcl

LaMont Jones <lamont@debian.org>
xdelta

Robert Jordens <jordens@debian.org>
libtunepimp (U)

Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org>
gss (U)

Mario Joussen <joussen@debian.org>
rxtx (U)

Timo Jyrinki <timo@debian.org>
malaga

Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter@gmail.com>
hplip (U)

Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>
hocr (U)
jcal (U)
libhdate (U)

Anders Kaseorg <andersk@mit.edu>
libyaml

Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at>
libfann

Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org>
net6

Muammar El Khatib <muammar@debian.org>
cegui-mk2
silly

Muammar El Khatib <muammarelkhatib@gmail.com>
eterm

Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org>
gpsim

Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org>
ia32-libs (U)

Tatsuya Kinoshita <tats@debian.org>
eb

Sergey B Kirpichev <skirpichev@gmail.com>
parser-mysql

Morten Kjeldgaard <mok@bioxray.au.dk>
torque

Morten Kjeldgaard <mok0@ubuntu.com>
cbflib

Bastian Kleineidam <calvin@debian.org>
libhx

Julian Andres Klode <jak@debian.org>
packagekit (U)

Matthias Klumpp <matthias@nlinux.org>
packagekit

Adrian Knoth <adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de>
liblrdf (U)

Daniel Kobras <kobras@debian.org>
dbmix
dx
mpg123
muse

Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de>
cal3d
ogre (U)
sage
tomcat-native (U)

Ivan Kohler <ivan-debian@420.am>
libxcrypt

Maia Kozheva <sikon@ubuntu.com>
libdc0

Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org>
libccaudio2 (U)
libzrtpcpp (U)
linphone (U)
radiusclient-ng (U)
siproxd (U)
sofia-sip (U)
spandsp (U)

Richard Kreckel <kreckel@ginac.de>
ginac

Noèl Köthe <noel@debian.org>
garmin-forerunner-tools (U)

Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org>
ann (U)
glpk-java (U)

Jonny Lamb <jonny@debian.org>
librra
librtfcomp
synce-trayicon

Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>
gerbv (U)

Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org>
fox1.6
hplip (U)
openldap (U)

Iain Lane <laney@ubuntu.com>
gnome-do (U)

Mario Lang <mlang@debian.org>
dapl (U)
ibutils (U)
libibcm (U)
libibmad (U)
libsdp (U)
opensm (U)

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
openldap (U)

Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org>
liblicense

Julien Lavergne <julien.lavergne@gmail.com>
nautilus-image-converter

Carlos Laviola <claviola@debian.org>
ldm (U)

Alexander Lazarevi? <laza@blobworks.com>
gnu-smalltalk (U)

Yann Leboulanger <asterix@lagaule.org>
gajim

Dmitrijs Ledkovs <dmitrij.ledkov@ubuntu.com>
a52dec (U)

Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org>
gtkmathview (U)
guake
libalberta2 (U)
libfvm (U)
libmei (U)
scilab (U)
v-sim (U)

Kyo Lee <kyo.lee@eucalyptus.com>
axis2c
rampart

Ron Lee <ron@debian.org>
mingw32

Rolf Leggewie <foss@rolf.leggewie.biz>
isdnutils

David I. Lehn <dlehn@debian.org>
mpeg2dec (U)

Roger Leigh <rleigh@debian.org>
gutenprint (U)

Robert Lemmen <robertle@semistable.com>
tablix2

Micha Lenk <micha@debian.org>
gnucash (U)

Nick Leverton <nick@leverton.org>
libupnp
libupnp4

Faidon Liambotis <paravoid@debian.org>
libccscript3 (U)
linphone (U)
shibboleth-sp2 (U)
siproxd (U)
spandsp (U)

Chuan-kai Lin <cklin@debian.org>
fam

John Lines <john@paladyn.org>
plptools

Stefan Lippers-Hollmann <s.l-h@gmx.de>
lirc (U)

lirc Maintainer Team <pkg-lirc-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
lirc

LLVM Packaging Team <pkg-llvm-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
llvm-gcc-4.2

Arthur Loiret <aloiret@debian.org>
llvm-gcc-4.2 (U)
newlib
ppl (U)

Ana Beatriz Guerrero Lopez <ana@debian.org>
kdelibs (U)

Martin Loschwitz <madkiss@debian.org>
libxfcegui4 (U)
pacemaker-mgmt (U)

Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org>
nco (U)
proj (U)
shapelib (U)
spatialindex (U)

LTSP Debian/Ubuntu Maintainers <pkg-ltsp-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
ldm

Robert Luberda <robert@debian.org>
ucl

Martin Lucina <mato@kotelna.sk>
zeromq

Roberto Lumbreras <rover@debian.org>
libdmtx

Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org>
jaula (U)
vzctl

Marc-André Lureau <mlureau@flumotion.com>
flumotion (U)

Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf@debian.org>
libcddb
libpqxx3
proxychains

Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf.devel@gmail.com>
liblinebreak
libpqxx

Keita Maehara <maehara@debian.org>
freewnn
kakasi

Mikael Magnusson <mikma@users.sourceforge.net>
alsa-tools (U)
libzrtpcpp (U)
siproxd (U)

Dovecot Maintainers <jaldhar-dovecot@debian.org>
dovecot

Maintainers of GStreamer packages <pkg-gstreamer-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
bsl
gst0.10-python

Debian OpenVAS Maintainers <openvas-distro-deb@wald.intevation.org>
openvas-libnasl

Adam Majer <adamm@zombino.com>
lpe

OHURA Makoto <ohura@debian.org>
tex-guy

Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com>
igraph (U)

Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>
alsa-tools (U)
torque (U)

Lionel Elie Mamane <lmamane@debian.org>
linphone (U)
polyml (U)
sqliteodbc (U)
xchat-guile

tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org>
genders (U)

Paul Mangan <claws@thewildbeast.co.uk>
sylpheed (U)

Massimo Manghi <mxmanghi@apache.org>
libapache2-mod-rivet

Jérôme Marant <jerome@debian.org>
gregorio

Francois Marier <francois@debian.org>
verbiste

Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>
zvbi

Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org>
open-cobol
xchat (U)

Christoph Martin <christoph.martin@uni-mainz.de>
boinc (U)

Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org>
argyll
smilutils

TSUCHIYA Masatoshi <tsuchiya@namazu.org>
juman
mecab

Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@debian.org>
varnish (U)

Kiyoshi Matsui <kmatsui@t3.rim.or.jp>
mcpp

Patrick Matthäi <pmatthaei@debian.org>
glusterfs
guichan
sbnc
torsocks

Brian May <bam@debian.org>
dar
heimdal

Rene Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>
boinc (U)

Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li>
sg3-utils (U)

Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com>
dirac (U)

A Mennucc1 <mennucc1@debian.org>
dvbstreamer
libppd
libprinterconf
libprintsys
snmpkit
waili
xmorph

Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org>
avfs
clamav (U)

Peter Miller <pmiller@opensource.org.au>
fstrcmp
libexplain

Miguel Gea Milvaques <xerakko@debian.org>
libfprint (U)

Samuel Mimram <smimram@debian.org>
linphone (U)

Loic Minier <lool@dooz.org>
flumotion
gst0.10-python (U)
mpeg2dec
rpm (U)

Dario Minnucci <midget@debian.org>
echoping

Steffen Moeller <moeller@debian.org>
boinc (U)
nordugrid-arc-nox (U)
torque (U)

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org>
geda-gaf (U)
gerbv (U)
libax25 (U)
tqsllib (U)

Matthijs Mohlmann <matthijs@cacholong.nl>
openldap (U)

Ruben Molina <rmolina@udea.edu.co>
gts

Luis Mondesi <lemsx1@gmail.com>
splashy (U)

Ricardo Mones <mones@debian.org>
libsylph (U)
sylpheed

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org>
liferea (U)

Christophe Monniez <christophe.monniez@fccu.be>
afflib (U)
ssdeep (U)

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>
ogre

David Mart*nez Moreno <ender@debian.org>
linux-ntfs

Sam Morris <sam@robots.org.uk>
sensors-applet

Benoit Mortier <benoit.mortier@opensides.be>
dapl (U)
ibutils (U)
libibcm (U)
libibmad (U)
libsdp (U)
opensm (U)

Kamal Mostafa <kamal@whence.com>
hamlib (U)
tqsllib (U)

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>
libparagui1.1 (U)
sdl-stretch (U)

Ignace Mouzannar <mouzannar@gmail.com>
alltray

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan <rkrishnan@debian.org>
gerbv (U)
libgtkdatabox (U)

Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org>
mlterm

Christophe Mutricy <xtophe@videolan.org>
libdvbpsi (U)
libdvbpsi5 (U)

Marco Nenciarini <mnencia@debian.org>
dovecot (U)
ossp-uuid

Mark Nevill <mark.nevill@gmail.com>
libxdg-basedir

Ryan Niebur <ryanryan52@gmail.com>
ldm (U)
libmp3splt

Ryan Niebur <ryan@debian.org>
inotify-tools

Jan Christoph Nordholz <hesso@pool.math.tu-berlin.de>
libdumbnet

Mattias Nordstrom <mnordstr@debian.org>
libnzb

Leonel Nunez <leonel@enelserver.com>
cherokee (U)

Daniel Nurmi <nurmi@eucalyptus.com>
axis2c (U)

David Nusinow <dnusinow@debian.org>
discover (U)

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
mpich2 (U)

Graziano Obertelli <graziano@eucalyptus.com>
axis2c (U)
rampart (U)

Dmitry E. Oboukhov <unera@debian.org>
libtorrent (U)
wordnet (U)

OFED and Debian Developement and Discussion <pkg-ofed-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
dapl
ibutils
libibcm
libibmad
libsdp
opensm

Kiwamu Okabe <kiwamu@debian.or.jp>
uim

Gennaro Oliva <oliva.g@na.icar.cnr.it>
slurm-llnl

Masahito Omote <omote@debian.org>
sary

Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro@gnu.org>
cherokee (U)

Patrick Ouellette <pouelle@debian.org>
libax25 (U)
tqsllib (U)

Sam Hocevar (Debian packages) <sam+deb@zoy.org>
a52dec (U)
bse-alsa
elk
guile-pg
kxl (U)
libdca (U)
libdvbpsi (U)
libdvbpsi5 (U)
libparagui1.1 (U)
mpeg2dec (U)
openvrml
papaya
sdl-stretch (U)

Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>
crossfire
libtpl
simplelist
tntdb
tntnet

Goedson Teixeira Paixao <goedson@debian.org>
gfcui

David Paleino <dapal@debian.org>
libgphoto2 (U)
osm-gps-map (U)
valatoys

Tony Palma <xbytemx@gmail.com>
alsaplayer
autotrace

Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org>
gerris (U)

Parted Maintainer Team <parted-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
pyparted

Barak A. Pearlmutter <bap@debian.org>
adolc
djvulibre
minidjvu

Kasper Peeters <kasper.peeters@aei.mpg.de>
modglue (U)

Brian Pellin <bpellin@debian.org>
genders

Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
gforth

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@computer.org>
libdnsres

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@debian.org>
openvas-libnasl (U)
snort

Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org>
libxfcegui4 (U)

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
fontforge (U)

Frederic Peters <fpeters@debian.org>
lasso
libexif-gtk (U)
libgphoto2 (U)

Michael Piefel <piefel@debian.org>
snacc (U)

William Pitcock <nenolod@sacredspiral.co.uk>
pidgin-mpris

Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org>
libpqxx (U)
libpqxx3 (U)

Piotr Pokora <piotrek.pokora@gmail.com>
midgard2-core

Ari Pollak <ari@debian.org>
gimp
libsdl-sound1.2
rss-glx

Iustin Pop <iustin@debian.org>
protobuf

Konstantinos Poulios <poulios.konstantinos@gmail.com>
getfem++ (U)

Estêvão Samuel Procópio <tevaum@gmail.com>
gsql

Mickael Profeta <profeta@debian.org>
prelude-lml
prelude-manager

Christophe Prud'homme <prudhomm@debian.org>
arpack++ (U)
freefem (U)
libcorelinux
madlib
openturns (U)

Mark Purcell <msp@debian.org>
exiv2 (U)
gsmlib
hplip (U)
icecc (U)
libccaudio2 (U)
libccscript3 (U)
libzrtpcpp (U)
linphone (U)
radiusclient-ng (U)
siproxd (U)
sofia-sip (U)
spandsp (U)
twolame (U)

LIU Qi <liuqi82@gmail.com>
oprofile

Alexandre Quessy <alexandre@quessy.net>
scenic (U)

Arnaud Quette <aquette@debian.org>
powerman

Antonio Radici <antonio@dyne.org>
cfengine2

Ganesan Rajagopal <rganesan@debian.org>
openslp-dfsg

Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
iulib

Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@debian.org>
tomcat-native (U)

Balint Reczey <balint@balintreczey.hu>
wireshark

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org>
userinfo

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@debian.org>
discover (U)
ldm (U)
sssd

Tim Retout <diocles@debian.org>
mdbtools

Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org>
mutextrace
towitoko

Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de>
alsa-tools (U)

Juergen Rinas <jrinas@gmx.de>
sinfo

Doug Rintoul <doug_rintoul@sil.org>
scim-kmfl-imengine

Jose Luis Rivas <ghostbar@debian.org>
libtorrent

Ghe Rivero <ghe@debian.org>
libuser

Steve M. Robbins <smr@debian.org>
cppunit
dime (U)
geomview (U)
simage (U)

Jaime Robles <jaime@debian.org>
hamlib (U)
libax25 (U)
tqsllib (U)

Emanuele Rocca <ema@debian.org>
libxfcegui4 (U)

Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com>
httrack

José L. Redrejo Rodr*guez <jredrejo@debian.org>
freehdl

Neil Roeth <neil@debian.org>
openjade

Christopher James Halse Rogers <raof@ubuntu.com>
gnome-do (U)

Denis Rojo <jaromil@dyne.org>
freej (U)

Andreas Rottmann <rotty@debian.org>
guile-gnome-platform
libunistring

Ludovic Rousseau <rousseau@debian.org>
coolkey (U)

Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es>
boolstuff
libxdg-basedir (U)

Nick Rusnov <nickrusnov@debian.org>
galan

Roland Marcus Rutschmann <rudi@debian.org>
xmedcon

Changwoo Ryu <cwryu@debian.org>
libhangul

Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
apmd
dmapi (U)
libcpuset
libmnl
libtextwrap
xfsprogs (U)

Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org>
discover (U)
splashy (U)

Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com>
coinor-ipopt
flam3
oprofile (U)

Jorge Salamero Sanz <bencer@debian.org>
jabberd2 (U)

Niv Sardi <xaiki@debian.org>
dmapi (U)

Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@debian.org>
sg3-utils

Daniel Schepler <schepler@debian.org>
libcapsinetwork
libmath++

Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.debian@gmx.de>
glpk-java (U)

Frederik Schüler <fs@debian.org>
ia32-libs (U)
styx

Nathan Scott <nathans@debian.org>
dmapi
xfsprogs (U)

Jens Peter Secher <jps@debian.org>
buddy

Carlo Segre <segre@debian.org>
xylib (U)

Gürkan Sengün <gurkan@phys.ethz.ch>
libgphoto2 (U)

Shachar Shemesh <shachar@debian.org>
argtable2
hocr (U)
libhdate (U)
privbind

Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
gksu-polkit
sylpheed (U)

Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@debian.org>
luasocket (U)

Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>
couchdb

Ko van der Sloot <ko.vandersloot@uvt.nl>
timblserver (U)
ucto (U)

Craig Small <csmall@debian.org>
pidgin-musictracker

Tim Small <tim@buttersideup.com>
edac-utils (U)

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
gst-entrans (U)
jamin (U)
jbig2dec
libgd2 (U)
liblrdf (U)
netatalk
pyabiword (U)
python-visual
scenic (U)
sugar-artwork-0.84 (U)
sugar-artwork-0.86 (U)
sugar-artwork-0.88 (U)
sugar-artwork-0.90 (U)
sugar-base-0.84 (U)
sugar-base-0.86 (U)
sugar-base-0.88 (U)
sugar-base-0.90 (U)
sugar-datastore-0.84 (U)
sugar-datastore-0.86 (U)
sugar-datastore-0.88 (U)
sugar-datastore-0.90 (U)
sugar-hulahop (U)
sugar-toolkit-0.84 (U)
sugar-toolkit-0.86 (U)
sugar-toolkit-0.88 (U)
sugar-toolkit-0.90 (U)

Bradley Smith <bradsmith@debian.org>
autogen
galib
glui
ijs
libggigcp
libggimisc
libggiwmh
libgiigic
libircclient
libquantum
libview
plib
quesoglc (U)

Noriyuki SODA <soda@sra.co.jp>
gfarm (U)

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo <jsogo@debian.org>
barry
deja-dup
gloox
tangerine (U)

Soeren Sonnenburg <sonne@debian.org>
coinor-cbc
coinor-flopc++
coinor-ipopt (U)
coinor-symphony (U)

Lincoln de Sousa <lincoln@minaslivre.org>
taningia (U)

Josef Spillner <josef@ggzgamingzone.org>
ggz-grubby (U)
ggz-gtk-client (U)
ggz-server (U)

Splashy Devel <splashy-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
splashy

Riccardo Stagni <unriccio@email.it>
qingy

Michael Stapelberg <michael@stapelberg.de>
libtomcrypt

Marvin Stark <marv@der-marv.de>
libgeier

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>
imagination

Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org>
discover (U)
sinfo (U)

Uwe Steinmann <steinm@debian.org>
pslib

Paul J Stevens <paul@nfg.nl>
cpu (U)

Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de>
dia (U)
rtai (U)
xenomai

Al Stone <ahs3@debian.org>
acovea
libcoyotl
libevocosm
libunwind (U)

Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>
libfsoresource (U)
libgsm0710mux (U)

Jerry Stueve <k4int@arrl.net>
tqsllib (U)

Stephan A Suerken <absurd@debian.org>
sp-gxmlcpp

Di-Shi Sun <di-shi@transnexus.com>
osptoolkit (U)

Vern Sun <s5unty@gmail.com>
cconv

Ond?ej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>
sablotron

Philippe De Swert <philippedeswert@scarlet.be>
libcontactsdb (U)
libgpeschedule (U)
libhandoff (U)
libsoundgen (U)
tslib (U)

Székelyi Szabolcs <cc@mail.3d.hu>
vamp-plugin-sdk

TANIGUCHI Takaki <takaki@debian.org>
hexec
paco

NOKUBI Takatsugu <knok@daionet.gr.jp>
anthy
chasen
namazu2

Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon@adv-solutions.net>
libsieve

Reinhard Tartler <siretart@tauware.de>
a52dec (U)

Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@debian.org>
cmph
lua-bitop
lua-cyrussasl
lua-event
lua-expat
lua-filesystem
lua-md5
lua-posix
lua-rexlib
lua-rings
lua-sec
lua-sql
lua-svn
lua-wsapi
lua-zip
luasocket

Osamu Tatebe <tatebe@cs.tsukuba.ac.jp>
gfarm (U)

Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org>
clamav (U)
diagnostics
lnpd
ppl (U)

Monty Taylor <mordred@inaugust.com>
gearmand
libmemcached

XFS Development Team <xfs@oss.sgi.com>
xfsprogs

Debian GSS Team <help-gss@gnu.org>
gss

Debian RRDtool Team <rrdtool@ml.snow-crash.org>
rrdtool

Stuart Teasdale <sdt@debian.org>
ganglia

The Ayatana Packagers <pkg-ayatana-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
libindicate

Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
blitz++ (U)
libctapimkt (U)
libgtkdatabox (U)
volpack (U)
wordnet (U)

Juan Esteban Monsalve Tobon <esteban@v7w.com>
liblip
libranlip

Pino Toscano <pino@kde.org>
kdelibs (U)

Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org>
liblqr (U)

Fabio Tranchitella <kobold@debian.org>
dovecot (U)

Alessio Treglia <alessio@debian.org>
bristol (U)

Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>
garmin-forerunner-tools
mona

Norbert Tretkowski <nobse@debian.org>
mysql-proxy (U)

Guido Trotter <ultrotter@debian.org>
cpu
freej (U)
lwipv6 (U)
purelibc (U)
umview (U)

Mathieu Trudel <mathieu.tl@gmail.com>
ethos

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl@gmail.com>
concordance

Francis Tyers <ftyers@prompsit.com>
apertium
sfst

Iulian Udrea <iulian@ubuntu.com>
modglue

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>
dancer-xml
ecasound2.2
libdshconfig

Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>
kdelibs (U)

Thibaut VARENE <varenet@debian.org>
libotr

Varnish Package Maintainers <pkg-varnish-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
varnish

Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org>
gnome-subtitles (U)
libphash (U)

Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen@nokia.com>
sofia-sip (U)

Andrea Veri <andrea.veri89@gmail.com>
diff-ext

Matthew Vernon <sunergos@vernshome.net>
log4cxx

Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@debian.org>
heimdal (U)

Damián Viano <debian@damianv.com.ar>
libpcl1

Damián Viano <des@debian.org>
geany

Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it>
fontforge (U)

Ulises Vitulli <dererk@debian.org>
libfprint (U)

Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>
vdkbuilder2
xdb

Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi>
kaffeine-mozilla (U)

Max Vozeler <xam@debian.org>
usbip

Sune Vuorela <debian@pusling.com>
libnova (U)

Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>
dovecot (U)

Anders Waananen <waananen@nbi.dk>
nordugrid-arc-nox

Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu>
shibboleth-sp2 (U)

Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>
openvas-libnasl (U)

Ray Wang <rawang@novell.com>
mono-uia-atkbridge (U)

Eric Warmenhoven <warmenhoven@debian.org>
libnbio

Aramian Wasielak <aramian.wasielak@gmail.com>
coinor-symphony

Chris Waters <xtifr@debian.org>
tclreadline (U)

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
libdebian-installer (U)
man-db

Johan Van de Wauw <johan.vandewauw@gmail.com>
libharu

Shane Wegner <shane@debian.org>
dotconf

Sage Weil <sage@newdream.net>
ceph (U)

Florian Weimer <fw@debian.org>
quagga (U)

Tim Weippert <weiti@weiti.org>
c-icap

Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>
libavg
libmrss (U)
pidgin-festival (U)
pidgin-libnotify (U)
scim-kmfl-imengine (U)

Ian Wienand <ianw@debian.org>
libiptcdata

Martin Willi <martin@strongswan.org>
network-manager-strongswan

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
gpe-expenses
libcontactsdb (U)
libgpeschedule
libhandoff
libsoundgen
tslib

Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org>
rrdtool (U)

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>
quesoglc (U)

Marcin Wojdyr <wojdyr@gmail.com>
xylib

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org>
cherokee

Ivan Yat-Cheung Wong <email@ivanwong.info>
pidgin-hotkeys

Alan Woodland <awoodland@debian.org>
blcr
libvisca

Deng Xiyue <manphiz-guest@users.alioth.debian.org>
gconfmm2.6
gnome-vfsmm2.6
libgnomecanvasmm2.6

Aron Xu <happyaron.xu@gmail.com>
fcitx (U)
gmchess
libucimf (U)
openfetion
openvanilla-modules (U)
ucimf-openvanilla (U)

Yukiharu YABUKI <yyabuki@debian.org>
scim-canna (U)
scim-prime (U)
scim-skk (U)

Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.org>
anthy (U)
freewnn (U)

Taku YASUI <tach@debian.org>
msgpack

NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe@fsij.org>
anthy (U)
chise-base
gfarm
ginspector
libopkele
libpcre++
mcpp (U)
qrencode
rxp
tomoe
treil

Milan Zamazal <pdm@debian.org>
scanbuttond

James R. Van Zandt <jrv@debian.org>
minpack
pspp

Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org>
gpsd
liblqr
rrdtool (U)
zbar

Charlie Zender <zender@uci.edu>
nco

Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org>
dballe

Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>
pfqueue

Sergey Zorin <szorin@comcast.net>
diff-ext (U)

Michal ?iha? <nijel@debian.org>
rpm

Old 04-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Goswin von Brederlow

Mathieu Parent <math.parent@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 2011/4/3 Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/08/msg00808.html
>>
> (...)
>>
>> Let's try and handle the .la file issue across all of Debian.
>
> dh-make 0.58 install .la files by default
> (/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debianl/package-dev.install contains
> "usr/lib/*.la")
>
> Should we change this also?
>
> Mathieu

I think we should. Since this is about new packages let it start without
an .la file. If the file is really needed (which should be rare for new
stuff) people will notice. On the other hand if it is included by
default people will just leave it in there.

MfG
Goswin

Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Russ Allbery

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:

> If you are listed in the attached dd-list, it means that the following
> tasks should be done REAL SOON NOW in order to smooth the path for
> Multi-Arch and comply with Policy 10.2:

> 0: Check the listed package for .la files in the current version in sid.
> 1: Modify your package to DROP the .la file completely, if it remains.

You cannot just drop *.la files completely in every case. Software that
uses libltdl to load dynamic objects often loads those objects by the *.la
file name (and hence is documented that way in upstream documentation,
FAQs, and so forth), so we create gratuitous incompatibilities with
upstream if we drop those *.la files. It's also not necessary since there
isn't a multi-arch issue.

Policy 10.2 doesn't say to remove all *.la files. It says:

Packages that use libtool to create and install their shared libraries
install a file containing additional metadata (ending in .la)
alongside the library. For public libraries intended for use by other
packages, these files normally should not be included in the Debian
package, since the information they include is not necessary to link
with the shared library on Debian and can add unnecessary additional
dependencies to other programs or libraries. If the .la file is
required for that library (if, for instance, it's loaded via libltdl
in a way that requires that meta-information), the dependency_libs
setting in the .la file should normally be set to the empty string. If
the shared library development package has historically included the
.la, it must be retained in the development package (with
dependency_libs emptied) until all libraries that depend on it have
removed or emptied dependency_libs in their .la files to prevent
linking with those other libraries using libtool from failing.

I still believe all those caveats are important.

For example, shibboleth-sp2 was in your list because it has loadable
modules in the libapache2-mod-shib2 package:

/usr/lib/shibboleth/adfs-lite.la
/usr/lib/shibboleth/adfs-lite.so
/usr/lib/shibboleth/adfs.la
/usr/lib/shibboleth/adfs.so
/usr/lib/shibboleth/odbc-store.la
/usr/lib/shibboleth/odbc-store.so

This is already Policy 10.2-compliant and will not cause problems with
multi-arch since those modules and their *.la files are arch-dependent and
will get separate installs on 32-bit and 64-bit paths if needed.

Lintian already checks that *.la files don't contain the problematic
dependency_libs setting.