-   -   Who is (co-)maintaining lcdproc package ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/503847-who-co-maintaining-lcdproc-package.html)

Dominique Dumont 03-21-2011 06:48 PM

Who is (co-)maintaining lcdproc package ?

Hello

lcdproc package in Debian is outdated. I've prepared and uploaded in mentors
an up-to-date package starting from the last version prepared by Nick (thanks
Nick).

In this package, lcdproc's maintainer is still Jose and Jonathan is listed as
uploaders.

Is this still valid ?

Jose, so you want to resume maintaining lcdproc or do you want another one to
take over ?

Jonathan, as a DD, can you sponsor the new package ?

Nick, do you want to be listed as uploaded ?

Depending on your answers, I'll upload a new version with an updated
maintainer/uploader list. (and with a correction in the bug list which is
missing commas)

All the best

Dominique
--
http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://www.ohloh.net/accounts/ddumont -o- http://ddumont.wordpress.com/

José Luis Tallón 03-21-2011 09:34 PM

Who is (co-)maintaining lcdproc package ?

Hi, all

Dominique Dumont wrote:
> In this package, lcdproc's maintainer is still Jose and Jonathan is listed as
> uploaders.
>
> Is this still valid ?
>
> Jose, so you want to resume maintaining lcdproc or do you want another one to
> take over ?

As you prefer. I haven't uploaded any new versions due to a lack of
sponsors. Anybody willing to step up for sponsoring and/or
co-maintaining is welcome.
> Jonathan, as a DD, can you sponsor the new package ?

He is essentially retired, as far as I can remember.
But I would really love to have Jon back :-)
> Nick, do you want to be listed as uploaded ?
>
> Depending on your answers, I'll upload a new version with an updated
> maintainer/uploader list. (and with a correction in the bug list which is
> missing commas)

If we can possibly have a new version which fixes the problems with
armhf, I'll be all for it.
Drop me a line if I can help (except that I can't upload it)

Thank you for you time and interest, Dominique.

Regards,

J.L.

Nick Leverton 03-23-2011 07:47 PM

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 08:48:48PM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Depending on your answers, I'll upload a new version with an updated
> maintainer/uploader list. (and with a correction in the bug list which is
> missing commas)

Hi Dominique and all,

My situation is uncertain at the moment and I don't know if I'll be
using LCDproc in future :-( Please go ahead and upload but I don't need
to be an uploader at the moment. If I come up with another worthwhile
contribution we can see about it perhaps :-)

Thanks to everyone for the past and future maintainership of lcdproc,
which was a major cross-distro contribution to the project.

Nick

Dominique Dumont 03-27-2011 11:30 AM

Le vendredi 25 mars 2011 14:06:16, Xavier Oswald a écrit :
> > Thanks to everyone for the past and future maintainership of lcdproc,
> > which was a major cross-distro contribution to the project.
>
> lcdproc_0.5.4-2 uploaded.

Source package is now archived on collab-maint:

http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/lcdproc.git;a=summary

All the best

Dominique