Old 03-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Ian Jackson

Default Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge

I'm going to Debconf by train. Having done my research, I now know
which trains I'm going to be on. On the way out I will be taking a
day to look around Sarajevo by myself, which produces quite a detour.

On the way back I will depart on Sunday at 15:42 and be travelling
straight back via Zagreb (arr 20:09), Munich (Muenchen hbf, 06:15
Monday), Cologne (Koeln hbf, 12:05 Monday), Paris (Nord, 14:32 Monday)
and London (17:03 Monday).

My complete schedule is below. If you would like to join me for part
or all of my journey, please let me know. Prices are necessarily
estimates.

I intend to book each tickets immediately bookings for it open, to get
the best prices. The earliest relevant booking horizon is 3rd of
April.

Ian.

RETURN

SUNDAY 31ST JULY

1549 Banja Luka
train no.396
Seat61 reckons ~Eur30
2009 Zagreb Glavni Kolodvor

Dinner, quickly, or on sleeper

2115 Zagreb Glavni Kolodvor bookings open
D498 sleeper 1st May
berths 1-3 pers
Eur69/79/139pp
MONDAY 1ST AUGUST
0615 Muenchen hbf

Breakfast

0727 Muenchen hbf
ICE 612 Eur69 bookings open
1205 Koeln hbf 2nd May

Lunch

1243 Koeln hbf
Thalys 9436 Eur29
1432 Paris Nord

1559 Paris Nord
Eurostar 9045 L50 wants to be booked
1703 London St Pancras as a return

1715/45 London Kings Cross
Timetable not yet released,
times are guesses
1805/35 Cambridge

OUTBOUND

WEDNESDAY 20TH JULY

0945 Cambridge
Timetable not yet released,
times are guesses
1005 London Kings Cross

1101 London St Pancras
Eurostar 9020 bookings open
1417 Paris Nord 3rd April

1524 Paris Est bookings open
TGV 9575 20th April
2132 Muenchen hbf

Dinner

2340 Muenchen hbf
EN463 sleeper
THURSDAY 21ST JULY
0832 Budapest Kelenfold
( 0849 Budapest Keleti Pu )

Breakfast

1003 Budapest Kelenfold bookings open
IC 259 21st April
2109 Sarajevo

FRIDAY 22ND JULY
Sarajevo

SATURDAY 23RD JULY
1042 Sarajevo
train no.396
1542 Banja Luka

Old 03-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Thomas Koch

Ian Jackson:
> I'm going to Debconf by train. Having done my research, I now know

Hi Ian,

nice! I love train traveling. Have you considered going via Okucani? It's only
~70 Kilometers away from Banja Luka but much better connected.[1] I plan to go
this route, but I'd need help from the local team for the route Okucani-Banja
Luka.
So it would be good, if we could find a larger group that goes via Okucani.

Paris-Okucani takes less then 20 hours:
Paris Est 15:24
München Hbf 21:37
München Hbf 23:40
Okucani 10:49

[1] http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/BanjaLuka#Arrival

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Old 03-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Ian Jackson

Thomas Koch writes ("Re: Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge"):
> Paris-Okucani takes less then 20 hours:
> Paris Est 15:24
> München Hbf 21:37
> München Hbf 23:40
> Okucani 10:49

Can you tell me where you got that information ? bahn.hafas.de shows
two departures from Munich at 23:40, the sleepers to Budapest and
Zagreb (which are the same train at departure and split after
Salzburg). The Budapest sleeper (EN463) terminates at 08:49 and the
Zagreb sleeper (D499) at 08:40.

> [1] http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/BanjaLuka#Arrival

This mentions EN465/D415 which runs from Zurich.

Ian.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Thomas Koch

Ian Jackson:
> Thomas Koch writes ("Re: Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris,
London, Cambridge"):
> > Paris-Okucani takes less then 20 hours:
> > Paris Est 15:24
> > München Hbf 21:37
> > München Hbf 23:40
> > Okucani 10:49
>
> Can you tell me where you got that information ? bahn.hafas.de shows
> two departures from Munich at 23:40, the sleepers to Budapest and
> Zagreb (which are the same train at departure and split after
> Salzburg). The Budapest sleeper (EN463) terminates at 08:49 and the
> Zagreb sleeper (D499) at 08:40.
Yes, the Zagreb sleeper D499 stops at Okucani at 10:49. Just search directly
for München-Okucani. The train from Zürich arrives at 12:53, so if you'd wait
a little bit, a bus could be organised for both trains.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Old 03-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Mike Dupont

HI all,
I was wondering if any of you are interested in visiting some other free software groups in the balkans when you are down there. I have good contacts in Prishtina, Tirana, Skopje, Thessaloniki, Belgrade etc, if anyone is interested for example to visit and talk in Prishtina, I would love to book you for our flossk team. If you are interested, drop a line to info@flossk.org and we can arrange something.

thanks,
mike

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/19846.8758.95000.20173@chiark.greenend.org.uk

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania flossk.org flossal.org

Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Ian Jackson

Thomas Koch writes ("Re: Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge"):
> > Can you tell me where you got that information ? bahn.hafas.de shows
> > two departures from Munich at 23:40, the sleepers to Budapest and
> > Zagreb (which are the same train at departure and split after
> > Salzburg). The Budapest sleeper (EN463) terminates at 08:49 and the
> > Zagreb sleeper (D499) at 08:40.
>
> Yes, the Zagreb sleeper D499 stops at Okucani at 10:49. Just search
> directly for München-Okucani. The train from Zürich arrives at
> 12:53, so if you'd wait a little bit, a bus could be organised for
> both trains.

Ah, I see now. Hrm, that might be a better plan than the train to
Banja Luka itself.

On the return trip, the sleeper for Munich via Zagreb departs Okucani
at 18:55, compared to leaving Banja Luka at 1549 with an hour's change
in Zagreb.

I wouldn't rely on dinner being available on board.

Ian.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Luca Capello

Hi there!

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:39:59 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I'm going to Debconf by train. Having done my research, I now know
> which trains I'm going to be on. On the way out I will be taking a
> day to look around Sarajevo by myself, which produces quite a detour.

Nothing against you, Ian, but why is this discussed on debian-devel@ and
not on debconf-discuss@ (cc:ed) or debian-events-eu@?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca