Old 03-12-2011, 04:29 PM
"Steve M. Robbins"

Default Boost packages status

Hi,

I'm cc-ing to debian-devel since I expect others are wondering about
the Boost status.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 05:43:11PM +0100, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> 1.42 still appears to be the latest version available in Debian (unstable).
> Could 1.46.1 be uploaded?

I assume you're speaking of boost-defaults -- the unversioned
libboost-dev packages. Yes, these are still pointing to Boost v1.42.

I always wait for the boostX.Y package to transition to "testing"
before updating boost-defaults. Boost 1.46 just transitioned this
week, so normally I would be uploading a new boost defaults.

However, Boost is planning to make a point release (v1.46.1) -- the
first time in years -- to fix a few troubling bugs so I had planned to
skip 1.46 and update defaults directly to 1.46.1. In fact, I tried to
keep boost 1.46 out of unstable by filing a bug but I was a bit late
and it made the transition already.

I see now that Boost 1.46.1 is now out, so I'll build and upload it
today. When it transitions to unstable, I'll update the
boost-defaults.

Does this plan work for everyone?

Thanks,
-Steve