Old 03-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Simon Paillard

Default machine-readable mirror list ( cdn.debian.net as a project service?)

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 05:50:26PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> wrote:

> >> We have had the mirrors list on each mirror for a long time:
> >> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.txt
> >
> > That's not exactly machine readable tho.
>
> apt-spy consumes it OK, usually. You are right though; it could
> definitely be made into a better format, .822 or YAML or JSON or any
> standard format.

Today the list is available in the following formats:
- today's master source rfc822:
http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/webwml/english/mirror/Mirrors.masterlist (used
by d-i choose-mirror)
- YAML after http://teubr.eu.org/~spaillar/debian/qamirrors/Mirror-list-to-yaml.pl
back to rfc822 using http://teubr.eu.org/~spaillar/debian/qamirrors/yaml-to-mirror-list.pl

I saw that many apt-spy netslect-apt and others try to parse html produced on
the website...

PS: debian-mirrors@lists.debian.org can be used to discuss mirrors as well.

--
Simon Paillard