Old 03-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Oliver Korff

Default building crafty (non-free) automagically

Hi,

I just want to know, if there is anything, that I can do to make crafty
(non-free) to be built on all architectures. Of cause there is a
XS-Autobuild: yes in the control file, and the build was officially
requested.

https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=crafty

It says, that auto-building works for: amd64 ia64 powerpc s390 sparc

On: alpha, hppa, hurd-i386, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel
autobuilding seems not to work.

On: armel the message is: Not-For-Us, so I assume, that crafty is banned
here.

Any help would be very kind and please tell me a single e-mail address,
that is connected to the problem, then I will not "spam" all arch@buildd
adresses.

Regards,

Oliver

Note: It might be, that crafty does not compile on some of these
architectures.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Philipp Kern

On 2011-03-01, Oliver Korff <ok@xynyx.de> wrote:
> I just want to know, if there is anything, that I can do to make crafty
> (non-free) to be built on all architectures. Of cause there is a
> XS-Autobuild: yes in the control file, and the build was officially
> requested.
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=crafty
>
> It says, that auto-building works for: amd64 ia64 powerpc s390 sparc
>
> On: alpha, hppa, hurd-i386, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel
> autobuilding seems not to work.

Needs-Build means that no builder has come around to build it yet. This
includes reasons like "because non-free's not important, it's only built
when there's nothing else to do" (see mips*) and "there are no non-free
autobuilders for $arch" (see the others).

> On: armel the message is: Not-For-Us, so I assume, that crafty is banned
> here.

There you'd want to mail armel@buildd for a nfu drop, if you think it's
buildable on that arch. (nfu indicates that at one point it didn't.)

In general debian-wb-team@lists.d.o sounds like a better contact address
than d-devel@. The page you linked shouldn't be used anymore[*],
instead https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=crafty also has
the right contact address (albeit it talks about the (web) pages only,
I think that should be fixed).

Ciao
Philipp Kern
[*] But I guess it's still linked from several places.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Oliver Korff

On 01.03.2011 18:24, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Needs-Build means that no builder has come around to build it yet. This
> includes reasons like "because non-free's not important, it's only built
> when there's nothing else to do" (see mips*) and "there are no non-free
> autobuilders for $arch" (see the others).

OK, I didn't know. Will there be auto-builders for non-free in the future?

>> On: armel the message is: Not-For-Us, so I assume, that crafty is banned
>> here.
>
> There you'd want to mail armel@buildd for a nfu drop, if you think it's
> buildable on that arch. (nfu indicates that at one point it didn't.)

I did as you suggested.

> In general debian-wb-team@lists.d.o sounds like a better contact address
> than d-devel@. The page you linked shouldn't be used anymore[*],
> instead https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=crafty also has
> the right contact address (albeit it talks about the (web) pages only,
> I think that should be fixed).

I always use the PTS and this links first to

https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=crafty

and only as the second link to:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=crafty

Thanks for the quick reply,

Oliver

Old 03-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Adam Borowski

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 09:12:18PM +0100, Oliver Korff wrote:
> On 01.03.2011 18:24, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > Needs-Build means that no builder has come around to build it yet. This
> > includes reasons like "because non-free's not important, it's only built
> > when there's nothing else to do" (see mips*) and "there are no non-free
> > autobuilders for $arch" (see the others).
>
> OK, I didn't know. Will there be auto-builders for non-free in the future?

I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you care enough, you can use qemu to build and test them yourself.
Not sure if there are newer images around, but you can use these:

http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/qemu/

and upgrade from lenny.

--
1KB // Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
// Never attribute to stupidity what can be

Old 03-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Wouter Verhelst

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:09:37PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 09:12:18PM +0100, Oliver Korff wrote:
> > On 01.03.2011 18:24, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > > Needs-Build means that no builder has come around to build it yet. This
> > > includes reasons like "because non-free's not important, it's only built
> > > when there's nothing else to do" (see mips*) and "there are no non-free
> > > autobuilders for $arch" (see the others).
> >
> > OK, I didn't know. Will there be auto-builders for non-free in the future?
>
> I wouldn't hold my breath.
>
> If you care enough, you can use qemu to build and test them yourself.

... or you can acquire the necessary hardware and set up a non-free buildd
yourself. I'm sure that'd be welcome.

trying to fool the system.