Old 02-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Thomas Thurman

Default Packaging an RGTP server and client

Ian Jackson writes:
> Why not package the GROGGS RGTP server ?

I'd far rather package the original rgtpd than Spurge. I'm not
aware offhand of where to get the source; could you let me know?

> This bulletin board system is not a web bbs; it's a plain text BBS
> with a web UI. I think that's a significantly different offering to
> most other web BBSs.

True.

> Perhaps we should have a complete RGTP kit.

Yes: that sounds like an interesting plan!

I think also Net::RGTP[1] could do with being packaged, if the others
are.

> Declaration of interest: I was the original author of the RGTP
> protocol spec and the reference implementation used on GROGGS. Thomas
> knows this I'm sure.

Yes, indeed.

Thomas

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~marnanel/Net-RGTP-0.10/lib/Net/RGTP.pm
Thomas Thurman, poet and programmer - thomas at thurman.org.uk
My poems, mostly formalist, one each day: http://thomasthurman.org/poem-a-day/
What do you do when a dragon steals your library books? http://borrowable.net

Old 02-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Ian Jackson

Thomas Thurman writes ("Re: Packaging an RGTP server and client"):
> Ian Jackson writes:
> > Why not package the GROGGS RGTP server ?
>
> I'd far rather package the original rgtpd than Spurge. I'm not
> aware offhand of where to get the source; could you let me know?

Shame the AGPL didn't exist when I wrote it. It should have had a
"retrieve source" command! But I'm sure we can get a copy out of the
GROGGS Editors.

I'm sure I have a copy lying about somewhere but we want the one
they're actually running, obviously.

Ian.