Old 02-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Bastien ROUCARIES

Default Adopt a removed package: how to ?

Hi,

I plan to adopt a removed from archive package (see #183373).

How can I do ?

I have marked myself as ITA of 183373. It is the right way ?

I plan to download previous debian package, the new source and to do some adaptation.

Should I use the process of a new package or an adopted package ?

bastien

Old 02-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Paul Wise

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Bastien ROUCARIES
<roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:

> I plan to adopt a removed from archive package (see #183373).
>
> How can I do ?
>
> I have marked myself as ITA of 183373. It is the right way ?

Since it will be a new package, that probably should be an ITP.

> I plan to download previous debian package, the new source and to do some adaptation.

You can find almost all of the old versions here:

http://snapshot.debian.org/

> Should I use the process of a new package or an adopted package ?

I think new package.

--
bye,
pabs