Old 02-14-2011, 03:46 AM
Raphael Geissert

Default Sourceful uploads

Charles Plessy wrote:

> I would be happy to get build logs as well, or at least a link to an URL
> where they are dowloadable withouth HTML processing.

You can always | html2text -utf8

> For the moment, I only found raw logs in /srv/buildd.debian.org/db on
> buildd.debian.org, but that directory is not served over HTTP, so this
> excludes non-DDs for raw retrieval. (I am also wondering where to find the
> cryptographic signatures, but this is orthogonal to this discussion).

What signatures?

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net

Old 02-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Philipp Kern

On 2011-02-13, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
> ]] Philipp Kern
>| Actually those build failures are nowadays sent to the PTS for further
>| distribution (the "buildd" keyword). I don't know how many are subscribed
>| to those notifications, though. (After all, they're not automatically
>| sent to the maintainer.)
> Would people be opposed to changing that? I would be quite happy to get
> mails if my packages FTBFS on various architectures, and I believe I'm
> competent to at least usually see if something fails because of
> something obvious or if it looks like a chroot/buildd issue.

I guess there are (at least) two options:

a) Auto-mail the current maintainer as determined by ftp's Maintainers file.
Pro: Very easy to setup.
Drawback: You'd be unable to opt-out. Furthermore I don't know what the
process is to agree on additional mailing of maintainers.

b) Auto-subscribe all maintainers to the PTS. Phase out direct mails to
the maintainer and switch them over to PTS mailings. I guess that would
also apply to dak and debbugs mails.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

Old 02-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Philipp Kern

On 2011-02-13, Felipe Sateler <fsateler@debian.org> wrote:
> AFAIK, that service also mails when the build was successful, leading to
> a lot of noise.

Eh no, it never did.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

Old 02-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Philipp Kern

On 2011-02-14, Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> wrote:
> Philipp Kern wrote:
>> Actually those build failures are nowadays sent to the PTS for further
>> distribution (the "buildd" keyword). I don't know how many are subscribed
>> to those notifications, though. (After all, they're not automatically
>> sent to the maintainer.)
> Taking a look at the database it seems everyone in the summary tag was also
> subscribed to "buildd." Now that I think about it, I remember reading about
> doing that when the tag was introduced.

Yeah, I recalled something like that. I don't know if somebody did the numbers
of comparing set(Maintainers + Uploaders) to the set of subscribers to a
package.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Lucas Nussbaum

On 14/02/11 at 12:13 +0000, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On 2011-02-13, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
> > ]] Philipp Kern
> >| Actually those build failures are nowadays sent to the PTS for further
> >| distribution (the "buildd" keyword). I don't know how many are subscribed
> >| to those notifications, though. (After all, they're not automatically
> >| sent to the maintainer.)
> > Would people be opposed to changing that? I would be quite happy to get
> > mails if my packages FTBFS on various architectures, and I believe I'm
> > competent to at least usually see if something fails because of
> > something obvious or if it looks like a chroot/buildd issue.
>
> I guess there are (at least) two options:
>
> a) Auto-mail the current maintainer as determined by ftp's Maintainers file.
> Pro: Very easy to setup.
> Drawback: You'd be unable to opt-out. Furthermore I don't know what the
> process is to agree on additional mailing of maintainers.
>
> b) Auto-subscribe all maintainers to the PTS. Phase out direct mails to
> the maintainer and switch them over to PTS mailings. I guess that would
> also apply to dak and debbugs mails.

I would very much prefer (b). Maybe it would also be a good time to
split the mail part off the PTS (I don't see any excellent reason to
have the mail handling and the web pages closely linked together).

- Lucas

Old 02-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Charles Plessy

Le Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 10:46:53PM -0600, Raphael Geissert a écrit :
> Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > I would be happy to get build logs as well, or at least a link to an URL
> > where they are dowloadable withouth HTML processing.
>
> You can always | html2text -utf8

Or scp buildd.debian.org:/srv/buildd.debian.org/db/${letter}/${package}/${version}/*bz2 …

> > For the moment, I only found raw logs in /srv/buildd.debian.org/db on
> > buildd.debian.org, but that directory is not served over HTTP, so this
> > excludes non-DDs for raw retrieval. (I am also wondering where to find the
> > cryptographic signatures, but this is orthogonal to this discussion).
>
> What signatures?

The signatures that certify that the logs are really the ones for the the
packages we distribute. I suppose that the closest to this is the .changes
files signed by the buildd admins.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan

Old 02-14-2011, 02:37 PM
gregor herrmann

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:27:38 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I would be happy to get build logs as well, or at least a link to an URL
> where they are dowloadable withouth HTML processing.
>
> For the moment, I only found raw logs in /srv/buildd.debian.org/db on
> buildd.debian.org, but that directory is not served over HTTP, so this excludes
> non-DDs for raw retrieval.

getbuildlog(1) from devscripts downloads (almost, if you ignore a
small header/footer) text-versions of build logs.

Cheers,
gregor

--
.'`. http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
: :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, & developer - http://www.debian.org/

Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Charles Plessy

Le Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 04:37:36PM +0100, gregor herrmann a écrit :
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:27:38 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> > I would be happy to get build logs as well, or at least a link to an URL
> > where they are dowloadable withouth HTML processing.
> >
> > For the moment, I only found raw logs in /srv/buildd.debian.org/db on
> > buildd.debian.org, but that directory is not served over HTTP, so this excludes
> > non-DDs for raw retrieval.
>
> getbuildlog(1) from devscripts downloads (almost, if you ignore a
> small header/footer) text-versions of build logs.

Hi Gregor,

it is exactly that header and footer that I was reffering to when I wrote
“withouth HTML processing”.

Would it be acceptable to serve the build logs as plain text files ? Would a
patch be welcome ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan

Old 02-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Raphael Geissert

Charles Plessy wrote:

> Le Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 10:46:53PM -0600, Raphael Geissert a crit :
>> What signatures?
>
> The signatures that certify that the logs are really the ones for the the
> packages we distribute. I suppose that the closest to this is the .changes
> files signed by the buildd admins.

There are no signatures for log files; only .changes files are signed by the
buildd admins and the buildd signs the .dsc and ta-da.

Adding support for auto-signing on the buildd's no longer sounds so scary,
right?

Cheers,