Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Daniel Leidert

Default chromium-browser is taking over all URLs

Am Freitag, den 11.02.2011, 17:11 +0100 schrieb Leo "costela" Antunes:
> On 11/02/11 16:49, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > On Fr, 11 Feb 2011, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> >> $ grep x-scheme-handler/http /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
> >> x-scheme-handler/http=midori.desktop;chromium-browser.desktop;
> >> x-scheme-handler/https=midori.desktop;chromium-browser.desktop;
> >>
> >> And it takes precedence over what you quoted.
> >
> > Thanks a lot!!!
> >
> > Ahhh, and how does one fix that? This is misbehaviour. Whom should
> > this bug reported to? mime or chromium?
>
> I noticed the same issue here a few days ago.
> Adding the "x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;" entries to
> iceweasel.desktop doesn't really solve the issue, because there doesn't
> seem to be a mechanism to define priorities in update-desktop-database,
> so gvfs-open uses the first entry in mimeinfo.cache.

You can put:

> [Added Associations]
> x-scheme-handler/http=iceweasel.desktop;
> x-scheme-handler/https=iceweasel.desktop;

into $HOME/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list.

Regards, Daniel

Old 02-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Norbert Preining

On Fr, 18 Feb 2011, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > [Added Associations]
> > x-scheme-handler/http=iceweasel.desktop;
> > x-scheme-handler/https=iceweasel.desktop;
>
> into $HOME/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list.

YEAHHH!!! Finally someone who stepped forward and *explained* what to
do instead of lazying around and ignoring complains.

BIG BIG THANKS:

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
BERKHAMSTED
The massive three-course midmorning blow-out enjoyed by a dieter who
has already done his or her slimming duty by having a teaspoonful of
cottage cheese for breakfast.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff