FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Michal Čihař
 
Default RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

Hi

as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
have environment to test them.

The packages given for adoption are:

mpdris
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612907

mpdscribble
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612908

python-mpd
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612909

sonata
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612910

--
Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com
 
Old 02-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Andrey Rahmatullin
 
Default RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 03:14:51PM +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
> mpdscribble
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612908
I use this so I'll take care.

--
WBR, wRAR
 
Old 02-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Simon McVittie
 
Default RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 at 15:14:51 +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
> as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> have environment to test them.

On Decklin Foster's RFA thread, there was talk of forming a mpd team, or
possibly maintaining mpd and friends in pkg-multimedia. It'd seem sensible
for them all to go to the same team?

S


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110211150306.GA22550@reptile.pseudorandom.co.uk" >http://lists.debian.org/20110211150306.GA22550@reptile.pseudorandom.co.uk
 
Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Andrey Rahmatullin
 
Default RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 03:03:06PM +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> > sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> > have environment to test them.
> On Decklin Foster's RFA thread, there was talk of forming a mpd team, or
> possibly maintaining mpd and friends in pkg-multimedia. It'd seem sensible
> for them all to go to the same team?
I already have two MPD client packages (qmpdclient and gkrellm-gkrellmpc)
so I'm interested too.

--
WBR, wRAR
 
Old 02-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Michal Čihař
 
Default RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

Hi

Dne Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:03:06 +0000
Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> napsal(a):

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 at 15:14:51 +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
> > as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> > sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> > have environment to test them.
>
> On Decklin Foster's RFA thread, there was talk of forming a mpd team, or
> possibly maintaining mpd and friends in pkg-multimedia. It'd seem sensible
> for them all to go to the same team?

It would definitely make sense to maintain them together.

--
Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com
 
Old 02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Alexander Wirt
 
Default RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

Michal Čihař schrieb am Friday, den 11. February 2011:

> Hi
>
> as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> have environment to test them.
>
> The packages given for adoption are:
>
> mpdris
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612907
>
> mpdscribble
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612908
>
> python-mpd
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612909
>
> sonata
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612910
In general it would be good if all those package would be maintained under
the "to be formed" new mpd team. I'll request a new alioth project for mpd
later. It would be nice to have all mpd related packages in that team.

Alex
 
Old 02-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Alexander Wirt
 
Default RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

Alexander Wirt schrieb am Friday, den 11. February 2011:

> Michal Čihař schrieb am Friday, den 11. February 2011:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> > sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> > have environment to test them.
> >
> > The packages given for adoption are:
> >
> > mpdris
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612907
> >
> > mpdscribble
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612908
> >
> > python-mpd
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612909
> >
> > sonata
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612910
> In general it would be good if all those package would be maintained under
> the "to be formed" new mpd team. I'll request a new alioth project for mpd
> later. It would be nice to have all mpd related packages in that team.
I created https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-mpd/ and if you are
interested in an mpd team please join pkg-mpd-maintainers@alioth.debian.org.

Alex
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:54 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org