-   -   RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,... (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/488083-rfa-sonata-mpdscribble.html)

Michal Čihař 02-11-2011 01:14 PM

RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

Hi

as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
have environment to test them.

The packages given for adoption are:

mpdris

mpdscribble

python-mpd

sonata

Andrey Rahmatullin 02-11-2011 01:54 PM

RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 03:14:51PM +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
> mpdscribble
I use this so I'll take care.

--
WBR, wRAR

Simon McVittie 02-11-2011 02:03 PM

RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 at 15:14:51 +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
> as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> have environment to test them.

On Decklin Foster's RFA thread, there was talk of forming a mpd team, or
possibly maintaining mpd and friends in pkg-multimedia. It'd seem sensible
for them all to go to the same team?

Andrey Rahmatullin 02-11-2011 02:06 PM

RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 03:03:06PM +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> > sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> > have environment to test them.
> On Decklin Foster's RFA thread, there was talk of forming a mpd team, or
> possibly maintaining mpd and friends in pkg-multimedia. It'd seem sensible
> for them all to go to the same team?
I already have two MPD client packages (qmpdclient and gkrellm-gkrellmpc)
so I'm interested too.

--
WBR, wRAR

Michal Čihař 02-11-2011 03:59 PM

RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

Hi

Dne Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:03:06 +0000
Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> napsal(a):

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 at 15:14:51 +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
> > as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> > sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> > have environment to test them.
>
> On Decklin Foster's RFA thread, there was talk of forming a mpd team, or
> possibly maintaining mpd and friends in pkg-multimedia. It'd seem sensible
> for them all to go to the same team?

It would definitely make sense to maintain them together.

Alexander Wirt 02-11-2011 04:40 PM

RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

Michal Čihař schrieb am Friday, den 11. February 2011:

> Hi
>
> as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> have environment to test them.
>
> The packages given for adoption are:
>
> mpdris
>
> mpdscribble
>
> python-mpd
>
> sonata
In general it would be good if all those package would be maintained under
the "to be formed" new mpd team. I'll request a new alioth project for mpd
later. It would be nice to have all mpd related packages in that team.

Alex

Alexander Wirt 02-12-2011 05:20 PM

RFA: sonata, mpdscribble,...

Alexander Wirt schrieb am Friday, den 11. February 2011:

> Michal Čihař schrieb am Friday, den 11. February 2011:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > as I don't use MPD for quite a long time now, it somehow does not make
> > sense to maintain MPD related packages anymore. Simply I don't
> > have environment to test them.
> >
> > The packages given for adoption are:
> >
> > mpdris
> >
> > mpdscribble
> >
> > python-mpd
> >
> > sonata
> In general it would be good if all those package would be maintained under
> the "to be formed" new mpd team. I'll request a new alioth project for mpd
> later. It would be nice to have all mpd related packages in that team.
I created https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-mpd/ and if you are
interested in an mpd team please join pkg-mpd-maintainers@alioth.debian.org.

Alex