Old 02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Decklin Foster

Default RFA: all my packages

I'm looking for a new maintainer for, well, any of these. My heart is
not in it anymore and most of them have been neglected for a while.
Recently my free time has been taken up by other things (mainly my job)
and I forsee that continuing.

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=decklin%40red-bean.com

python-beautifulsoup and mpd need attention for proposed-updates; I
missed getting them into Squeeze. rxvt-unicode is a total clusterfuck.

If any desktop-type packages remain I will orphan them, as I am only
running Debian on servers now. Apart from that, perhaps with a greatly
reduced load I can still make a tiny contribution to the community. If
not, I will retire.

--
things change.
decklin@red-bean.com

Old 02-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Ruben Molina

El jue, 10-02-2011 a las 17:11 -0500, Decklin Foster escribió:
> I'm looking for a new maintainer for, well, any of these. My heart is
> not in it anymore and most of them have been neglected for a while.
> Recently my free time has been taken up by other things (mainly my job)
> and I forsee that continuing.
>
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=decklin%40red-bean.com

I'll be happy to take over netcat. Co-maintainers are welcome.
Best regards,
Ruben Molina

Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Yaroslav Halchenko

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Decklin Foster wrote:
> I'm looking for a new maintainer for, well, any of these. My heart is
> not in it anymore and most of them have been neglected for a while.
> Recently my free time has been taken up by other things (mainly my job)
> and I forsee that continuing.
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=decklin%40red-bean.com

Thanks for taking care about such a nice collection of software for
Debian.

> rxvt-unicode is a total clusterfuck.

if noone ever comes up (I am already overloaded somewhat) -- I guess
I will need to look at this cluster..ck since I am using it ;-)

Old 02-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Ryan Kavanagh

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 07:02:16PM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Decklin Foster wrote:
> > rxvt-unicode is a total clusterfuck.
>
> if noone ever comes up (I am already overloaded somewhat) -- I guess
> I will need to look at this cluster..ck since I am using it ;-)

I don't think I have the time and nor the ability to properly maintain
rxvt-unicode solo, but since it's my terminal of choice, I'm willing to
co-maintain it.

Kind regards,
Ryan

--
|_)|_/ Ryan Kavanagh | GnuPG key

Old 02-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Alexander Wirt

Decklin Foster schrieb am Thursday, den 10. February 2011:

> I'm looking for a new maintainer for, well, any of these. My heart is
> not in it anymore and most of them have been neglected for a while.
> Recently my free time has been taken up by other things (mainly my job)
> and I forsee that continuing.
>
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=decklin%40red-bean.com
As I am a heavy mpd user I would like to take these over and form a team for
mpd related packages. Are they still for adoption?

Alex

Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Stefano Rivera

Hi Decklin (2011.02.11_00:11:05_+0200)
> python-beautifulsoup and mpd need attention for proposed-updates; I
> missed getting them into Squeeze. rxvt-unicode is a total clusterfuck.

I'm happy to take beautfulsoup (and share it with DPMT)

What were you considering for proposed-updates? 3.2? That would probably
cause regressions for anyone who has worked around the pain that 3.1
brought. I can't see this easily getting into proposed-updates, but I'm
happy to investigate...

Reuben: I'm willing to co-maintain the netcats too.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
http://tumbleweed.org.za/

Old 02-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Karl Ferdinand Ebert

Hi,

I would like to join your team because of my usage of lastfmsubmitd.

Best Regards,

Ferdinand

Old 02-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Adam Borowski

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 07:02:16PM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Decklin Foster wrote:
> > rxvt-unicode is a total clusterfuck.
>
> if noone ever comes up (I am already overloaded somewhat) -- I guess
> I will need to look at this cluster..ck since I am using it ;-)

Speaking of rxvt... shouldn't this clusterϫϫck become the only rxvt in
Debian? Both rxvt and rxvt-beta, completely dead upstream for 10 and 8
years respectively, besides having terrible support for terminal codes lack
even such a tiny detail as UTF-8 support.

I'd say there should be no place in Debian in 2011 for software that can't
do UTF-8, especially if near-identical forks exist.

--
1KB // Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
// Never attribute to stupidity what can be

Old 02-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Josselin Mouette

Le vendredi 11 fĂ©vrier 2011 Ă* 09:47 +0100, Adam Borowski a Ă©crit :
> I'd say there should be no place in Debian in 2011 for software that can't
> do UTF-8, especially if near-identical forks exist.

That would make a nice addition to the policy, wouldn’t it?

--
.'`.
: :' : “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know

Old 02-11-2011, 07:56 AM
David Paleino

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:11:05 -0500, Decklin Foster wrote:

> I'm looking for a new maintainer for, well, any of these. My heart is
> not in it anymore and most of them have been neglected for a while.
> Recently my free time has been taken up by other things (mainly my job)
> and I forsee that continuing.
>
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=decklin%40red-bean.com
>
> python-beautifulsoup and mpd need attention for proposed-updates; [..]

I'll take beautifulsoup.

Thanks for your work on this!
David

--