Old 02-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Sandro Tosi

Default RFA: all my packages

see <20110211080058.GJ1564@bach.rivera.co.za>

Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Vincent Fourmond

On 11/02/11 09:52, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 11 fĂ©vrier 2011 Ă* 09:47 +0100, Adam Borowski a Ă©crit :
>> I'd say there should be no place in Debian in 2011 for software that can't
>> do UTF-8, especially if near-identical forks exist.
>
> That would make a nice addition to the policy, wouldn’t it?

So long as it is not a MUST, else I have a feeling we'll find many
many packages RC...

That aside, I agree with this idea.

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He
preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called
himself Sam.
-- Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

Vincent, listening to South Bound Saurez (Led Zeppelin)

Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 AM
David Paleino

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:03:58 +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 09:56, David Paleino <dapal@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:11:05 -0500, Decklin Foster wrote:
> >
> >> I'm looking for a new maintainer for, well, any of these. My heart is
> >> not in it anymore and most of them have been neglected for a while.
> >> Recently my free time has been taken up by other things (mainly my job)
> >> and I forsee that continuing.
> >>
> >> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=decklin%40red-bean.com
> >>
> >> python-beautifulsoup and mpd need attention for proposed-updates; [..]
> >
> > I'll take beautifulsoup.
>
> see <20110211080058.GJ1564@bach.rivera.co.za>

Aha, I missed it. Thanks Sandro for spotting this.

--
. '`. Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
: :' : Linuxer #334216 --|-- http://www.hanskalabs.net/

Old 02-11-2011, 08:12 AM
David Paleino

Hi Stefano,

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:00:58 +0200, Stefano Rivera wrote:

> Hi Decklin (2011.02.11_00:11:05_+0200)
> > python-beautifulsoup and mpd need attention for proposed-updates; I
> > missed getting them into Squeeze. rxvt-unicode is a total clusterfuck.
>
> I'm happy to take beautfulsoup (and share it with DPMT)

I had already opened an ITA for beautifulsoup. I'm setting you as the bugowner,
please close it when you upload

http://bugs.debian.org/612875

Sorry for the noise,
David

Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Olivier Berger

Hi.

Le vendredi 11 février 2011 ŕ 10:00 +0200, Stefano Rivera a écrit :
> Hi Decklin (2011.02.11_00:11:05_+0200)
> > python-beautifulsoup and mpd need attention for proposed-updates; I
> > missed getting them into Squeeze. rxvt-unicode is a total clusterfuck.
>
> I'm happy to take beautfulsoup (and share it with DPMT)
>
> What were you considering for proposed-updates? 3.2? That would probably
> cause regressions for anyone who has worked around the pain that 3.1
> brought. I can't see this easily getting into proposed-updates, but I'm
> happy to investigate...

May I suggest to further discuss this in #564160 ?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF

Old 02-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Jakub Wilk

* Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org>, 2011-02-11, 10:05:
I'd say there should be no place in Debian in 2011 for software that
can't do UTF-8, especially if near-identical forks exist.

That would make a nice addition to the policy, wouldn’t it?

So long as it is not a MUST, else I have a feeling we'll find many many
packages RC...

*cough* #139861

--
Jakub Wilk

Old 02-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Reinhard Tartler

On Fr, Feb 11, 2011 at 07:12:05 (CET), Alexander Wirt wrote:

> Decklin Foster schrieb am Thursday, den 10. February 2011:
>
>> I'm looking for a new maintainer for, well, any of these. My heart is
>> not in it anymore and most of them have been neglected for a while.
>> Recently my free time has been taken up by other things (mainly my job)
>> and I forsee that continuing.
>>
>> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=decklin%40red-bean.com
> As I am a heavy mpd user I would like to take these over and form a team for
> mpd related packages. Are they still for adoption?

If our team rules/development guidelines (basically the git-buildpackage
recommended workflow)suit your development style, you could join and
maintain the mpd packages in the pkg-multimedia team:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4

Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Wang Lei

Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca@kubuntu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 07:02:16PM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Decklin Foster wrote:
>> > rxvt-unicode is a total clusterfuck.
>>
>> if noone ever comes up (I am already overloaded somewhat) -- I guess
>> I will need to look at this cluster..ck since I am using it ;-)
>
> I don't think I have the time and nor the ability to properly maintain
> rxvt-unicode solo, but since it's my terminal of choice, I'm willing to
> co-maintain it.
>
> Kind regards,
> Ryan

I am a rxvt-unicode user too. I'm not a DM or DD, but i am learning
packaging now. I have lots of time. So I'm willing to co-maintain it.
Hope i can do some help.

--
Regards
Lei

Old 02-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Alexander Wirt

Reinhard Tartler schrieb am Friday, den 11. February 2011:

> On Fr, Feb 11, 2011 at 07:12:05 (CET), Alexander Wirt wrote:
>
> > Decklin Foster schrieb am Thursday, den 10. February 2011:
> >
> >> I'm looking for a new maintainer for, well, any of these. My heart is
> >> not in it anymore and most of them have been neglected for a while.
> >> Recently my free time has been taken up by other things (mainly my job)
> >> and I forsee that continuing.
> >>
> >> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=decklin%40red-bean.com
> > As I am a heavy mpd user I would like to take these over and form a team for
> > mpd related packages. Are they still for adoption?
>
> If our team rules/development guidelines (basically the git-buildpackage
> recommended workflow)suit your development style, you could join and
> maintain the mpd packages in the pkg-multimedia team:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/
I'm not sure (I am a little bit old-fashioned) but I'll have a look.

Thanks for the hint
Alex

Old 02-11-2011, 03:03 PM
gregor herrmann

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:11:05 -0500, Decklin Foster wrote:

> I'm looking for a new maintainer for, well, any of these. My heart is
> not in it anymore and most of them have been neglected for a while.
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=decklin%40red-bean.com

I move the two perl packages:
liblivejournal-perl
libpoe-component-client-ping-perl