Old 02-06-2011, 01:19 AM
Domenico Andreoli

Default Can you believe it? The Debian website has a new layout!

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> After a www sprint in December[2][3], David, Francesca, Gerfried and
> Kåre spent the last days working nearly 24x7 on the website without much
> sleep, to finish the self-set goal of releasing the website's new layout
> with the release of Debian Squeeze. I think the project owes them a
> really big "Thank you".

really amazing

Thanks to everybody that contributed to this major site overhaul.

ciao,
Domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
*--[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
** ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936* 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50

Old 02-06-2011, 08:01 AM
"Francisco M." García Claramonte

El dom, 06-02-2011 a las 02:54 +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas escribió:
> Hi,

Hello all,

> After about 13 years[1] with nearly the same design, the layout and
> design of the website changed with today's release of Debian Squeeze.

I think the new layout is really good, It looks really new,
professional and usefull.
Goog job.

> This has been made possible thanks to the immense involvement over the
> years by Kalle Söderman and Gerfried Fuchs, who were tireless in their
> efforts to make the idea a reality, with the help of the webteam: Ben
> Armstrong, Damyan Ivanov, David Prévot, Francesca Ciceri, Kåre Thor
> Olsen and Simon Paillard.
>
> After a www sprint in December[2][3], David, Francesca, Gerfried and
> Kåre spent the last days working nearly 24x7 on the website without much
> sleep, to finish the self-set goal of releasing the website's new layout
> with the release of Debian Squeeze. I think the project owes them a
> really big "Thank you".

Thank you for your great work. Now Debian has a new and better look.
I am sure you have worked a lot these weeks.

Regards,
Francisco.

--
Francisco M. García Claramonte <franciscomanuel.garcia@hispalinux.es>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer <francisco@debian.org>

Old 02-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Gerfried Fuchs

Old 02-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Gerfried Fuchs

* Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@debian.org> [2011-02-06 15:53:55 CET]:
> Hi!
>
> This might be awkward, seeing a reply mail on debian-devel-announce,
> but actually this response deserves to be in the broader public.

... so much for trying it. And actually it makes sense. Though,
debian-devel is just as good, I'll try to remember this special setup
next time.

Enjoy,
Rhonda
--
"What are the differences between Mark Zuckerberg and me? I give private
information on corporations to you for free, and I'm a villain.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Adnan Hodzic

I too would like to congratulate the team for their effort and for
finally making this happen.

However, is the Debian logo bit off or it's supposed to be that way,
because it's messing up the whole symmetry if you ask me. My
suggestion would be for it to be along the "About Debian Getting
Debian ..." links

Adnan