Old 12-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Stefano Zacchiroli

Default cross-distro work on App Store/Software Center - looking for volunteers

[ M-F-T: leader@d.o, for volunteering ]

Dear all,
Vicent Untz has contacted me about a cross-distro meeting he is
organizing, to brainstorm about the "app store / software center" idea
and how/if it can interact with more traditional distribution packages.

He is looking for 1-2 person(s) from Debian who are interested in the
topic, who could attend a meeting, and who are possibly interested in
joining a working group on the topic later on. I'd like to know who
those people are and propose them as potential attendees.

Ideally, the topic is within the realm of Debian Policy, so it would be
wonderful if someone from -policy could attend, but in case they can't,
it would be nice to have a fallback. Of course, I'll expect any attendee
to provide feedback to the Debian community a posteriori.

I understand it's a "hot" topic in various ways (I'm myself pretty
scared at the idea at first), but it's IMHO important to be part of the
discussion, in order to have a Debian say.

Please contact me to volunteer.
You can find below Vincent's mail, forwarded with permission.

Cheers

PS Please avoid turning this thread into a technical discussion about
the idea, we can have it separately and, more importantly, once we
have a clearer technical presentation of the idea. What we need here
are people interested in the topic who volunteer some time to
represent Debian.

----- Forwarded message from Vincent Untz <vuntz@gnome.org> -----