Old 02-03-2008, 03:38 AM
Charles Plessy

Default dpatch, "diff -u" and "very big projects"

Hi all,

http://wiki.debian.org/debian/patches is world-writeable, and attempts
to summarize what was said in this thread and in the Policy discussions
about 'README.source'. Do not hesitate to edit it !

Le Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 10:52:01PM +0900, Osamu Aoki a écrit :

> You have column for "accepts diff -u output" and "No" for dpatch. I am
> not quite sure what is the criteria for you but to me dpatch accepts
> "diff -u" output for "patch -p1". At least that is what I did as lazy
> person. All I had to do was add some header text copied at the start of
> patch file.
>
> So at least: Yes (by adding header text)

Well, it is exactly what I meant by "No": if somebody sends a patch made
by {{{diff -u}}} it can not be used by dpatch without processing. I
replaced "No" by "Header needs to be added", but feel free to change it.

Le Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 02:13:21PM +0000, Sune Vuorela a écrit :

> It claims that debian/patches is "not very convenient for very big
> projects"
>
> I very much don't agree. I am quite satisfied with working with
> debian/patches and quilt and cdbs simple patchsys.

Well, it was said in the thread that for very big projects the patch
systems are not convenient, but if it is not consensual it is better to
remove this from the summary, unless it is really an issue for Debian.

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org

Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 AM
"Ondrej Certik"

On Feb 3, 2008 5:38 AM, Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/debian/patches is world-writeable, and attempts
> to summarize what was said in this thread and in the Policy discussions
> about 'README.source'. Do not hesitate to edit it !

Thanks for summarizing it!

Ondrej