Old 02-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Osamu Aoki

Default dpatch and "diff -u"

This is a bit going out of original post but...

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 05:14:25PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> http://wiki.debian.org/debian/patches

You have column for "accepts diff -u output" and "No" for dpatch. I am
not quite sure what is the criteria for you but to me dpatch accepts
"diff -u" output for "patch -p1". At least that is what I did as lazy
person. All I had to do was add some header text copied at the start of
patch file.

So at least: Yes (by adding header text)

Osamu

PS: It looks better to use quilt over dpatch although I never did. But
using DVCS seems more elegant.