-   -   ITP: xf86-input-multitouch -- Multitouch X input driver (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/452586-itp-xf86-input-multitouch-multitouch-x-input-driver.html)

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu 11-15-2010 01:12 AM

ITP: xf86-input-multitouch -- Multitouch X input driver

Package: wnpp
Owner: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org>
Severity: wishlist

*** Please type your report below this line ***

* Package name : xf86-input-multitouch
Version : 1.0~rc2
Upstream Author : Henrik Rydberg <rydberg@euromail.se>
* License : GPL v2 or any later version
Programming Lang: C
Description : Multitouch X input driver

This X input driver provides gestures support for multitouch touchpads,
in particular those with integrated button.

--
Nobuhiro Iwamatsu
** iwamatsu at {nigauri.org / debian.org}

Julien Cristau 11-15-2010 09:31 AM

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:12:52 +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:

> Package: wnpp
> Owner: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org>
> Severity: wishlist
>
> *** Please type your report below this line ***
>
> * Package name : xf86-input-multitouch
> Version : 1.0~rc2
> Upstream Author : Henrik Rydberg <rydberg@euromail.se>
> * License : GPL v2 or any later version
> Programming Lang: C
> Description : Multitouch X input driver
>
> This X input driver provides gestures support for multitouch touchpads,
> in particular those with integrated button.

My understanding is that MT support will be added to the regular evdev
and synaptics drivers (and the X protocol). Does this driver have any
sort of future at all?

Cheers,
Julien