Old 01-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Josselin Mouette

Default Please don’t use merged-directories

Le mardi 15 janvier 2008 * 15:32 +0100, José L. Redrejo Rodr*guez a
écrit :
> On the other hand, I want to point an undesirable behaviour out: if you
> take a look at gnome-applications.menu or kde-applications.menu they
> place the merged-directories entry at the beggining of the file, that
> has a bad secondary effect: if you want to exclude a desktop file to
> appear in a menu branch you can not, as it will be include by the rest
> of the file.

In all cases, please don’t use merged-directories in Debian packages.
They has been half-broken from the very beginning (thanks to their
broken design), and we support it only for third-party packages.

--
.'`.
`- our own. Resistance is futile.