Old 11-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Luk Claes

Default About dpkg-shlibdeps checks

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>> On 2007-11-23, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
>>> Well, the d-d-a mail included a list of affected packages. So we had a
>>> clue on how many packages are affected. The list has probably evolved
>>> since september but not by much.
>> Except covering kde now. KDE didn't change that much since september.
>
> Apparently not any more with the dpkg-shlibdeps that implements the exceptions
> that I listed in my first mail... (you know it since you tested it for me)
>
> I'm willing to take some blame, mind you. But I'm just not willing to
> fully revert a decision because some grumpy maintainers are not happy that
> they have some fixing to do (in particular when it looks like they don't
> really understand the issues at hand).

Nowadays there are better alternatives to uploading to unstable for
archive wide testing IMHO. Uploading to experimental is a good thing to
have some initial testing on many architectures, though I would go for a
rebuild of the whole archive for testing things like this for all
packages... before uploading to unstable.

I do hope you will think about this next time.

Cheers

Luk