Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Rodrigo Tavares

Default Change default directory in a package

Hello,

When I install a program in Windows, it's need to set
one directory.

I would like make the same with packages debian.

How I can do it ?

Best regards,

Faria

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/

Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Norbert Preining

Hi Faria,

this is a "development" list, not a user support list. You have higher
chances of getting responses when you ask one of the local user groups
or mailing lists.

On Di, 15 Jan 2008, Rodrigo Tavares wrote:
> When I install a program in Windows, it's need to set
> one directory.
>

> I would like make the same with packages debian.

I assume you mean the working directory. Changing directory to the place
you want to have as "the directory" should do it.

If you need it automatized, a small script like:
cd /pat/to/dir/you/want
start-the-program-you-want
will do it.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@debian.org> Debian TeX Group
MUNDERFIELD (n.) A meadow selected, whilst driving past, as being
ideal for a picnic which, from a sitting position, turns out to be
full of stubble, dust and cowpats, and almost impossible to enjoy
yourself in.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Old 01-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Rodrigo Tavares

Hello,

When I install a program in Windows, it's need to set
one directory.

I would like make the same with packages debian.

How I can do it ?

Is there any tool for this work ?

Best regards,

Faria