Old 01-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Deng Xiyue

Default Intent to help maintaining libxml++s

As confirmed by QA team that Chris Leishman <masklin@debian.org>, the
maintainer of libxml++{,2.6} is kind of MIA, I would like to help
comaintaining these libs. I've already file a wishlist bug for
libxml++2.6 (#430142[1]), which contains a preliminary version of
.diff.gz and .dsc against latest upstream version, which fixes various
bugs on BTS.

As for libxml++, currently it has 2 rdepends, which are ofx and
passepartout. According to #460407[2], libofx might got removed from
Debian in the nearing future, so that only leaves passepartout.
Currently, its upstream hasn't start the transition, so
libxml++1.0 has to stay for some time. I'll see if there's anything I
can do to help, so I can be safely removed when it has 0 rdepends.

As for myself, I'm currently maintaining several GTK+/GNOME C++
bindings. My QA page is at [3]. Hope I'm eligible to help

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/430142
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/460407
[3] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=manphiz-guest@users.alioth.debian.org

Old 01-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Deng Xiyue

Deng Xiyue <manphiz@gmail.com> writes:

> ...so I can be safely removed when it has 0 rdepends.

And of course, s/I/it/ . Sorry for the stupid typo :P

Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Deng Xiyue

Deng Xiyue <manphiz@gmail.com> writes:

> can do to help, so I can be safely removed when it has 0 rdepends.

And of course, s/I/it . Sorry for this stupid typo :P

Old 01-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Gaudenz Steinlin

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 07:32:49PM +0800, Deng Xiyue wrote:
> As confirmed by QA team that Chris Leishman <masklin@debian.org>, the
> maintainer of libxml++{,2.6} is kind of MIA, I would like to help
> comaintaining these libs. I've already file a wishlist bug for
> libxml++2.6 (#430142[1]), which contains a preliminary version of
> .diff.gz and .dsc against latest upstream version, which fixes various
> bugs on BTS.
>
> As for libxml++, currently it has 2 rdepends, which are ofx and
> passepartout. According to #460407[2], libofx might got removed from
> Debian in the nearing future, so that only leaves passepartout.
> Currently, its upstream hasn't start the transition, so
> libxml++1.0 has to stay for some time. I'll see if there's anything I
> can do to help, so I can be safely removed when it has 0 rdepends.

As the passepartout maintainer I have done basic maintenance of
libxml++1.0 in the past. I'm not really interested in it though. So I
would be quite happy if you take over. OTOH there is not much work to be
done either. The only things I did in the last years were uploads for
C++ transitions.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.