-   -   shutdown on power button? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/373160-shutdown-power-button.html)

Salvo Tomaselli 05-19-2010 11:23 AM

shutdown on power button?

I have noticed that the default configuration is to shutdown the computer when
the power button is pressed.
But on normal desktop installations, the DE will handle the event and take the
appropriate actions.
I also think that on non-desktop it should be the admin to decide whether if
this behaviour is wanted (i have news of a server that went down because
someone put a box near the power button and shortly pressed it with the box
itself).

So maybe this default should be reviewed?

Bye
--
Salvo Tomaselli

Philipp Kern 05-19-2010 11:56 AM

shutdown on power button?

On 2010-05-19, Salvo Tomaselli <tiposchi@tiscali.it> wrote:
> So maybe this default should be reviewed?

I doubt it's the default. You have to install acpid to get this
behaviour, at least in VMs.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern