Old 05-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Radek Vykydal

Default (screenshot) wireless support for stage 1

Attaching screenshot of dialog from patch [2/2].

It is very simple, I wonder if I should add

[x] Show key

option for *-ing of entered key

Radek

Old 05-17-2010, 09:46 PM
"Brian C. Lane"

Old 05-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Radek Vykydal

Brian C. Lane wrote:

On 05/14/2010 07:26 AM, Radek Vykydal wrote:

Attaching screenshot of dialog from patch [2/2].

It is very simple, I wonder if I should add

[x] Show key

option for *-ing of entered key

...hm, clumsy wording

I think showing keys would be useful, its easy to get them wrong.

I am showing the key by default in the dialog,
what I meant was adding a checkbox to enable
hiding it.

Shouldn't the message say 'Enter SSID and key of your wireless access
point' since WEP is old and insecure and the key is really for whatever
security method NetworkManager supports?

I am targeting only basic wireless UI support in stage 1 with
this patch, that is - just what we support with
kickstart (wep key). Support for other methods could be next step,

Radek