Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Patrick Schoenfeld

Default snapshot.debian.org implications for you

Hi,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 09:26:25AM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> Therefore if you uploaded something that is not redistributable please
> file a bug against the snapshot.debian.org pseudo-package asking for
> removal:

fair enough to request that responsibility from the maintainers.
But wouldn't it be a less error-prove procedure to handle
snapshot removals while processing RM bugs against ftp.d.o?

Regards,
Patrick

Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Hector Oron

Hi,

2010/5/11 Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org>:

> fair enough to request that responsibility from the maintainers.
> But wouldn't it be a less error-prove procedure to handle
> snapshot removals while processing RM bugs against ftp.d.o?

Would not that remove distributable packages which no longer belong
to Debian archive?

Héctor Orón

Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva

Hi.

Excerpts from Hector Oron's message of Ter Mai 11 05:02:34 -0300 2010:
(...)
> 2010/5/11 Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org>:
> >
> > fair enough to request that responsibility from the maintainers.
> > But wouldn't it be a less error-prove procedure to handle
> > snapshot removals while processing RM bugs against ftp.d.o?
>
> Would not that remove distributable packages which no longer belong
> to Debian archive?

Not if it's an optional field of RM.

Greetings.
(...)
--
marcot
http://wiki.debian.org/MarcoSilva

Old 05-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Peter Palfrader

On Tue, 11 May 2010, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 09:26:25AM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > Therefore if you uploaded something that is not redistributable please
> > file a bug against the snapshot.debian.org pseudo-package asking for
> > removal:
>
> fair enough to request that responsibility from the maintainers.
> But wouldn't it be a less error-prove procedure to handle
> snapshot removals while processing RM bugs against ftp.d.o?

I had tried to address that somewhat in my original mail. Most of these
issues will probably be packages that simply fix their problem in the
next upload. In such cases the problem will never even reach
ftp-master.

For the other cases I'm trying to work with ftp-master, but given that
they are already way overstreched it might be prudent to ask the
individual DD to file a bug against snapshot. ftp-master has indicated
however that they might check when they remove packages that such a bug
exists.

Cheers,
--
| .'`. ** Debian GNU/Linux **