Old 05-08-2010, 07:24 PM
"Adam D. Barratt"

Default Planning for final Etch point release and archiving of oldstable?

On Sat, May 8, 2010 18:06, Frans Pop wrote:
> I would have expected a final point release for Etch to have happened by
> now (since security support was ended back in February). My personal
> interest is of course the D-I updates included for that release.

Regrettably, sorting out etch hasn't had the priority we'd have liked for
a little while.

However, we have been making progress recently. We now have copies of all
the packages from DSAs (with one exception where the .orig tarball used
for the security update differs from that in the main archive) and have
been working on trying to build the few remaining packages where for some
reason the security update failed to build on an architecture supported by
the package.

I think we're more or less at the point where we should admit defeat with
the couple of packages that still fail; we then just need to organise the
actual release.

Regards,

Adam