Old 01-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Andreas Tille

Default Bits from the Debian i18n Meeting (Extremadura 2007)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote on debian-devel-announce:

Grisu and Martijn worked mainly on DDTP and DDTSS integration.
DDTSS now provides statistics for stable, testing and unstable, we
are also working with Debian Med to provide support and infrastructure
to a specific audience, like packages related to Medicine. The
conversion to talk directly with DDTP/DDTS database also provided:

One remark because you explicitely mentioned Debian-Med: David Paleino did
a really great job in building some web tools that might help any Custom
Debian Distribution. He just used Debian-Med as testing environment. The
DDTP related page can be seen at

http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/ddtp.php

The idea is to attract users of a specific field to concentrate their
translation work on topics they are experts in because we learned that
some package description really need expertise in a specific field of
work. These translations should be used lator for i18n pages of our
tasks overview pages like for example

http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.php

Once this is working nicely we will issue an announcement on dda and
try to make the code available for all CDDs in the common CDD framework.

Kind regards and many thanks for your i18n workshop

Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de

Old 01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
"Martijn van Oosterhout"

On Jan 14, 2008 9:13 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> Once this is working nicely we will issue an announcement on dda and
> try to make the code available for all CDDs in the common CDD framework.

Which bit isn't working nicely? Apart from the fact that it's using
the old address. There was a point about linking to packages that
hadn't been requested but that got fixed at extremadura as well...

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/

Old 01-14-2008, 08:24 AM
David Paleino

Il giorno Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:18:02 +0100
"Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On Jan 14, 2008 9:13 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> > Once this is working nicely we will issue an announcement on dda and
> > try to make the code available for all CDDs in the common CDD framework.
>
> Which bit isn't working nicely? Apart from the fact that it's using
> the old address. [..]

This is what I get at each cron's run from Alioth (this is in my
mailbox, since the crontab is set in my user - hanska-guest):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/update-ddtp",
line 167, in ?
get_status(item)
File "/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/update-ddtp",
line 67, in get_status
if grep("Package: %s
" % package, "%s/data/ddtp/Translation-%s" % (base,
lang)):
File "/srv/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/Tools.py",
line 288, in grep
p = re.compile(r"%s" % search)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sre.py", line 180, in compile
return _compile(pattern, flags)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sre.py", line 227, in _compile
raise error, v # invalid expression
sre_constants.error: multiple repeat

I haven't had the time to have a look at it, and I don't believe the scripts
are mature enough to go into cdd-dev.

Currently I'm damn busy, and I can't have a look at the script. Please feel
free to fix it.

Kindly,
David

--
. '`. Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
: :' : Linuxer #334216 --|-- http://www.hanskalabs.net/

Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 PM
David Paleino

Il giorno Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:24:34 +0100
David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/update-ddtp",
> line 167, in ?
> get_status(item)
> File "/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/update-ddtp",
> line 67, in get_status
> if grep("Package: %s
" % package, "%s/data/ddtp/Translation-%s" % (base,
> lang)):
> File
> "/srv/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/Tools.py", line
> 288, in grep p = re.compile(r"%s" % search)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sre.py", line 180, in compile
> return _compile(pattern, flags)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sre.py", line 227, in _compile
> raise error, v # invalid expression
> sre_constants.error: multiple repeat
>
> I haven't had the time to have a look at it, and I don't believe the scripts
> are mature enough to go into cdd-dev.

Hopefully, this should be fixed now (forgot some re.escape()s here and there)

I've just launched a manual run of update-ddtp. We'll see in a few minutes what
happens

David