Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Goswin von Brederlow

Default Welcome to our 2010 Debian Google Summer of Code students!

Obey Arthur Liu <arthur@milliways.fr> writes:

> == Multi-Arch support in APT ==
> by David Kalnischkies, mentored by Michael Vogt
>
> Hardware like 64bit processors are perfectly able to execute 32bit
> opcode but until now this potentiality is disregard as the
> infrastructure tools like dpkg and APT are not able to install and/or
> solve dependencies across multiple architectures. The project
> therefore focuses on enabling APT to work out good solutions in a
> MultiArch aware environments without the need of hacky and partly
> working biarch packages currently in use.

Juhey!

It would be nice if you could two join the debian-multiarch project on
alioth:

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/multiarch/

I've done some work on the dpkg side and library packages in the past
and I will be updating the patches there for the Linuxtag Mini-Debconf
talk I'm giving. I'm hoping to again provide a apt repository there that
is A) [c]debootstrapable and B) fully multiarchified. However far I get
with what will be there next month a multiarch capable apt could actualy
be practically tested.

MfG
Goswin