FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Cleto Martin Angelina
 
Default Bug#579373: ITP: zthreads -- A platform-independent, multi-threading and synchronization library for C++

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Cleto Martin Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>
Owner: Cleto Martin Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>

* Package name : zthreads
Version : 2.3.2
Upstream Author : Eric Crahen <ecrahen@users.sourceforge.net>
* URL : http://zthread.sourceforge.net/
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: C++
Description : A platform-independent, multi-threading, object-oriented and synchronization library for C++

Zthreads is an advanced platform-independant, object-oriented
threading and synchronization library. Designed and tested under POSIX
& Win32 systems. Not just another thread wrapper.
..
It provides several structures for concurrent programming like
PoolExecutor, MonitoredQueue, Barriers and much more. Futhermore,
structures like Task and Thread are provided for creating threading
applications in C++ easier.
..
This library is used in Bruce Eckel's book "Thinking in
C++" as a good framework for concurrent programming.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20100427120749.9048.33290.reportbug@michi.selfip.b iz">http://lists.debian.org/20100427120749.9048.33290.reportbug@michi.selfip.b iz
 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Frank Lin PIAT
 
Default Bug#579373: ITP: zthreads -- A platform-independent, multi-threading and synchronization library for C++

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 14:07 +0200, Cleto Martin Angelina wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
> Owner: Cleto Martin Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>
> Owner: Cleto Martin Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>
>
> * Package name : zthreads
libzthreads?
> Version : 2.3.2
> Upstream Author : Eric Crahen <ecrahen@users.sourceforge.net>
> * URL : http://zthread.sourceforge.net/
> * License : MIT
> Programming Lang: C++
> Description : A platform-independent, multi-threading, object-oriented and synchronization library for C++
This is a pretty long "short description".
I would suggest something like:
"synchronization library"
or
"synchronization library for C++"

> Zthreads is an advanced platform-independant, object-oriented
> threading and synchronization library. Designed and tested under POSIX
> & Win32 systems. Not just another thread wrapper.
> ..
> It provides several structures for concurrent programming like
> PoolExecutor, MonitoredQueue, Barriers and much more. Futhermore,
^^
My spell checker suggest: Furthermore
> structures like Task and Thread are provided for creating threading
> applications in C++ easier.

> This library is used in Bruce Eckel's book "Thinking in
> C++" as a good framework for concurrent programming.

This last paragraph could/should be dropped. (IMHO, this sounds like
advertising, and it isn't a useful information about what the package is
doing / why it is useful / when it it should be used)

Thanks,

Franklin


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 1272437077.3308.1117.camel@solid.paris.klabs.be">h ttp://lists.debian.org/1272437077.3308.1117.camel@solid.paris.klabs.be
 
Old 04-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Cyril Brulebois
 
Default Bug#579373: ITP: zthreads -- A platform-independent, multi-threading and synchronization library for C++

Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> (28/04/2010):
> [Various remarks]

You're missing the important bit here:
Version 2.3.2 was released on 03/13/05.

What about not packaging *that* at all?

Mraw,
KiBi.
 
Old 04-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Vincent Danjean
 
Default Bug#579373: ITP: zthreads -- A platform-independent, multi-threading and synchronization library for C++

On 28/04/2010 11:55, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> (28/04/2010):
>> [Various remarks]
>
> You're missing the important bit here:
> Version 2.3.2 was released on 03/13/05.
>
> What about not packaging *that* at all?

Especially if it is not compatible with glibc and all other libraries (ie if
it does not provide the current libpthread ABI). [I did not check if this is
the case or not]

Regards,
Vincent


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4BD82015.7010809@free.fr">http://lists.debian.org/4BD82015.7010809@free.fr
 
Old 12-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Cleto Martin Angelina
 
Default Bug#579373: ITP: zthreads -- A platform-independent, multi-threading and synchronization library for C++

Hi!

Finally, from long time ago, I have enough time to work with my Debian stuff.






In that case, please follow sourceforge's procedures to take over the project:



http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Abandoned%20Project%20Takeovers



I just create the ticket requesting to "adopt" the project.
*


The upstream forums are still active and some people have written

about bugs there:



http://sourceforge.net/projects/zthread/forums/forum/22488



You might want to enable the bug tracker, switch to a more sane VCS

(like git) and otherwise revive the project.



Ok, I see. All these bugs will be fixed and included, obviously, in the Debian distribution.

Cheers,
*Cleto.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:38 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org