Old 04-19-2010, 01:42 PM
"derdavid1000@gmx.de"

Default What does .d at the end of some dirctory and filenames actually stand for?

Hi!

I (and some othere people) are wondering about the question:

"What does .d at the end of some dirctory and filenames actually stand for?"

It does not mean deamon or default.

Does it maybe mean directory? Probably not, cause there are files named
"x.d" too.

There is no information about this in http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

Greetings
David

Old 04-19-2010, 01:51 PM
"spamfuerdavid@gmx.de"

Hi!

I (and some other people) are wondering about the question: