Old 01-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Roland Stigge

Default Wrong Architecture for openhackware

reopen 339870
thanks

Hi,

Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> * Error out if the toolchain used to build is not powerpc-linux-gnu.
> (Closes: #322300, #339870)

Again, I don't agree here (backed by p2): The package is wrong if it
asserts that it's "Architecture: all". It contains powerpc specific
stuff and can only be built on (i.e. for) that architecture. Therefore,
it should be "Architecture: powerpc".

Workarounds like an error on wrong toolchain architecture are wrong
(there is an error anyway if you try to build on !powerpc).

Thanks for considering.

Roland

Old 01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
"brian m. carlson"