-   -   libFOO-BAR naming convention (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/3549-libfoo-bar-naming-convention.html)

Ivan Shmakov 11-23-2007 12:25 PM

libFOO-BAR naming convention

I vaguely recall seeing a recommendation for library packages
for a particular language to follow libFOO-BAR naming convention
in Debian, where FOO is the name of a library, and BAR is an
arbitrary common suffix (thus, liberror-perl, or
libsqlite-ocaml.)

Could one point me to where this recommendation is given?

Nico Golde 11-23-2007 01:07 PM

libFOO-BAR naming convention

Hi Ivan,
* Ivan Shmakov <ivan@theory.asu.ru> [2007-11-23 14:57]:
> I vaguely recall seeing a recommendation for library packages
> for a particular language to follow libFOO-BAR naming convention
> in Debian, where FOO is the name of a library, and BAR is an
> arbitrary common suffix (thus, liberror-perl, or
> libsqlite-ocaml.)
>
> Could one point me to where this recommendation is given?

http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html#naminglibpkg
Kind regards
Nico
--