-   -   Why does bash make itself unconditionally /bin/sh? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/354279-why-does-bash-make-itself-unconditionally-bin-sh.html)

Matthew Johnson 04-09-2010 10:18 AM

On Fri Apr 09 10:52, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> Having just had an argument on IRC about /bin/sh diversions, it appears that
> the situation in Sid has changed again since I last looked at it.

Hmm, thanks to bwh for pointing out my mistake, sorry for the noise.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson

Fabian Greffrath 04-09-2010 06:40 PM

Why does bash make itself unconditionally /bin/sh?

> Hmm, thanks to bwh for pointing out my mistake, sorry for the noise.

So, what's the matter? Please enlighten us all!

Ben Hutchings 04-09-2010 07:26 PM

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 08:40:19PM +0200, Fabian Greffrath wrote:

> > Hmm, thanks to bwh for pointing out my mistake, sorry for the noise.
>
> So, what's the matter? Please enlighten us all!

mjj29 was using a pbuilder chroot environment. pbuilder sets
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive so that you never have to answer any
questions when it installs build-dependencies. This also applies
when you use 'pbuilder login', and that is why he did not see the
debconf questions he was expecting.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings