Old 04-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Russ Allbery

Default Rpath problem libdbd-oracle-perl

Julián Moreno Patiño <darkjunix@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm working in libdbd-oracle-perl 1.24a version, and I have some rpath
> errors from lintian:

> E: libdbd-oracle-perl: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> ./usr/lib/perl5/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so /usr/lib/oracle/
> 11.1.0.1/client/lib/lib

Yeah, I don't think there's much else you can do for that package. You
probably have to live with where Oracle puts things, since the package
relies on the non-free Oracle packages over which we have no control.
This is the sort of case where a Lintian override is warranted.

(That double lib at the end of the path looks wrong, though. You may want
to check your build definitions to see if you're adding too many levels of
lib.)