-   -   ldbl128 transition for liborbit2 could be omitted (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/35335-ldbl128-transition-liborbit2-could-omitted.html)

Josselin Mouette 01-12-2008 01:56 AM

ldbl128 transition for liborbit2 could be omitted

Hi,

looking at why ORBit hadn’t been updated to the latest upstream version,
I noticed there is an open RC bug about the ldbl128 transition. Given
the number of rdeps (373), this is a huge beast to update.

However, looking at the headers, I can see that in fact, it can probably
be avoided. The basic long double type, which is used by all structures,
is the following:
typedef gdouble CORBA_long_double;

This is a clear violation of the CORBA specification, but the result for
us is that this transition should not be necessary.

Is it OK to close this bug, or am I missing something?
--
.'`.
`- our own. Resistance is futile.

Steve Langasek 01-12-2008 09:29 AM

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 03:56:17AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Hi,

> looking at why ORBit hadn’t been updated to the latest upstream version,
> I noticed there is an open RC bug about the ldbl128 transition. Given
> the number of rdeps (373), this is a huge beast to update.

> However, looking at the headers, I can see that in fact, it can probably
> be avoided. The basic long double type, which is used by all structures,
> is the following:
> typedef gdouble CORBA_long_double;

> This is a clear violation of the CORBA specification, but the result for
> us is that this transition should not be necessary.

> Is it OK to close this bug, or am I missing something?

Yes, this is ok. The problem is a small bug in the regexp used to find
offenders:

long *double

this of course matches "longdouble", where the intended regexp was really:

long +double

I've confirmed that the latter pattern has no matches in
/usr/include/orbit-2.0, so closing the bug with this mail.

Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org