Old 04-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Bernd Zeimetz

Default deb.li - the Debian ShortURL Service - beta test

Old 04-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Paul Wise

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org> wrote:

> Comments, bugreports and patches are welcome!

Please add an announcement to DeveloperNews:

http://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 04-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Frank Lin PIAT

Hi,

On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 10:10 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Bernd Zeimetz <bzed@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Comments, bugreports and patches are welcome!
>
> Please add an announcement to DeveloperNews:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews

How can we make sure that all URL don't become broken once Bernd's
attention move away from Debian (this may happen)?

Franklin

Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Bernd Zeimetz

On 04/03/2010 05:29 PM, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> How can we make sure that all URL don't become broken once Bernd's
> attention move away from Debian (this may happen)?

If the service is used I'd like to give it into the hands of DSA and have it
runnign on DSA hardware, transfer the domain into the hands of SPI anf just take
care of the software...

http://bzed.de http://www.debian.org
GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79
ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F

Old 04-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Frank Lin PIAT

On Sun, 2010-04-04 at 00:30 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> On 04/03/2010 05:29 PM, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> > How can we make sure that all URL don't become broken once Bernd's
> > attention move away from Debian (this may happen)?
>
> If the service is used I'd like to give it into the hands of DSA and have it
> runnign on DSA hardware, transfer the domain into the hands of SPI anf just take
> care of the software...

I like the plan,

Thank you,

Franklin

Old 05-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Bernd Zeimetz

On 04/03/2010 01:52 AM, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> So I'm happy to announce the public beta test of http://deb.li (also available
> under http://go.debian.net)! Please note that neither the content of the pages
> nor the CSS is finished...

Just a short update:
Everything is running fine so far, especially since I've migrated the code to
flask (flask.pocoo.org), a nice microframework based on python-werkzeug. This
allowed me to remove a lot of ugly code which was necessary to work around some
quirks in bottle.py.
Next step will either be to add some user authentication/api key magic or make
the css nice - guess I'll throw a dice what comes first

Cheers,

Bernd

p.s. patches are welcome - http://deb.li/ijEl