Old 02-02-2010, 06:16 AM
Yves-Alexis Perez

Default upload lost ???

On 02/02/2010 03:37, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> can someone explain me how to track down a lost upload? Yesterday I
> uploaded maildir-util 0.6-1 and got the email
> Uploaded successfully
> but since then nothing has happened, and I don't see it in the archive,
> in the "to be installed", in the NEW queue, qa system.
>
> Is there something I should do at that point but wait for that
> mystery to resolve?

For the record, “Uploaded” doesn't mean “ACCEPTED” so the package has
not yet been accepted into the archive.

I see no trace of that upload, for that matters.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis

Old 02-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Luk Claes

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On 02/02/2010 03:37, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> can someone explain me how to track down a lost upload? Yesterday I
>> uploaded maildir-util 0.6-1 and got the email
>> Uploaded successfully
>> but since then nothing has happened, and I don't see it in the archive,
>> in the "to be installed", in the NEW queue, qa system.
>>
>> Is there something I should do at that point but wait for that
>> mystery to resolve?
>
> For the record, “Uploaded” doesn't mean “ACCEPTED” so the package has
> not yet been accepted into the archive.
>
> I see no trace of that upload, for that matters.

The upload was rejected as you can see on merkel in
/srv/ftp.debian.org/queue/rejected/*.reason

Cheers

Luk

Old 02-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Norbert Preining

On Di, 02 Feb 2010, Luk Claes wrote:
> The upload was rejected as you can see on merkel in
> /srv/ftp.debian.org/queue/rejected/*.reason

Why didn't I got an email?

And the reason is according to this file:
no signature found in maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes.

But:
$ gpg --verify maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes
gpg: Signature made Mon 01 Feb 2010 10:23:10 AM JST using DSA key ID 09C5B094
gpg: Good signature from "Norbert Preining <preining@debian.org>"
gpg: aka "Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>"

That is the one I uploaded.

and furthermore:
$ gpg --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg --list-key preining@debian.org
pub 1024D/09C5B094 2000-01-10
uid Norbert Preining <preining@debian.org>
uid Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
sub 1024g/DDDD9500 2000-01-10

pub 1024D/09C5B094 2000-01-10
uid Norbert Preining <preining@debian.org>
uid Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
sub 1024g/DDDD9500 2000-01-10

Can someone explain me what was going on here?

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TU Wien, Austria Debian TeX Task Force
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094

Old 02-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Joerg Jaspert

> Why didn't I got an email?

Because we couldnt parse the changes file -> no mail address -> no mail.
(dqueued with "Uploaded to localhost" doesnt care and would blindly mail
everyone if just written in Maintainer:. dak does not)

> And the reason is according to this file:
> no signature found in maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes.

> But:
> $ gpg --verify maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes
> gpg: Signature made Mon 01 Feb 2010 10:23:10 AM JST using DSA key ID 09C5B094
> gpg: Good signature from "Norbert Preining <preining@debian.org>"
> gpg: aka "Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>"
> That is the one I uploaded.

gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: block_filter: 1st length byte missing
gpg: cleartext signature without data
gpg: no signature found
gpg: the signature could not be verified.
Please remember that the signature file (.sig or .asc)
should be the first file given on the command line.

Is the one we have.

Everything below the Files: entries is missing, ie the whole signature
part is just not there.

> Can someone explain me what was going on here?

Done.

Reupload and it should go through, when the file is complete this
time.

--
bye, Joerg
<Getty> Wie würdet ihr remote die Netzwerk-Config restarten?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Norbert Preining

On Mi, 03 Feb 2010, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Because we couldnt parse the changes file -> no mail address -> no mail.
> (dqueued with "Uploaded to localhost" doesnt care and would blindly mail
> everyone if just written in Maintainer:. dak does not)

Very very strange. The upload seems to have been hosed. I always
do it with dput which checks signatures.

> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: block_filter: 1st length byte missing
> gpg: cleartext signature without data

Umpf, not understandable to me what has happened here.

> Everything below the Files: entries is missing, ie the whole signature
> part is just not there.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I wanted to see the .changes file
but didn't have the permissions, only the reject reason file I could
see.

> Reupload and it should go through, when the file is complete this
> time.

Done, so let us see if that works now.

Thanks for the explanations.

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TU Wien, Austria Debian TeX Task Force
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
`That young girl is one of the least benightedly
unintelligent organic life forms it has been my profound
lack of pleasure not to be able to avoid meeting.'
--- Marvin's first ever compliment about anybody.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Norbert Preining

On Mi, 03 Feb 2010, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > Reupload and it should go through, when the file is complete this
> > time.
>
> Done, so let us see if that works now.

Argg...
/maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes is already present on target host:
maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.deb
Either you already uploaded it, or someone else came first.
Job maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes removed.

Where is my dcut memory ...

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TU Wien, Austria Debian TeX Task Force
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
MILWAUKEE (n.)
The melodious whistling, chanting and humming tone of the milwaukee
can be heard whenever a public lavatory is entered. It is the way the
occupants of the cubicles have of telling you there's no lock on their
door and you can't come in.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Old 02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Norbert Preining

Dear Luk, dear Jrg, dear ftp-master, dear whoever,

please help me with fixing that problem:

Now I have the following problem:
- sending a dcut rm of the files I get:
Log of processing your commands file
/dcut.Norbert_Preining__preining_debian_org_.126515 7430.5010.commands:

> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes
maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes did not match anything
No files to delete
> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6-1.dsc
maildir-utils_0.6-1.dsc did not match anything
No files to delete
> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6.orig.tar.gz
maildir-utils_0.6.orig.tar.gz did not match anything
No files to delete
> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6-1.diff.gz
maildir-utils_0.6-1.diff.gz did not match anything
No files to delete
> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.deb
maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.deb did not match anything
No files to delete

Then uploading again I get:
/maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes is already present on target host:
maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.deb
Either you already uploaded it, or someone else came first.
Job maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes removed.

So *how* am I supposed to clean up that mess?

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TU Wien, Austria Debian TeX Task Force
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
TOOTING BEC (n.)
A car behind which one draws up at the traffic lights and hoots at
when the lights go green before realising that the car is parked and
there is no one inside.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Old 02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Luk Claes

Norbert Preining wrote:
> Dear Luk, dear Jrg, dear ftp-master, dear whoever,
>
> please help me with fixing that problem:
>
> Now I have the following problem:
> - sending a dcut rm of the files I get:
> Log of processing your commands file
> /dcut.Norbert_Preining__preining_debian_org_.126515 7430.5010.commands:
>
>> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes
> maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes did not match anything
> No files to delete
>> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6-1.dsc
> maildir-utils_0.6-1.dsc did not match anything
> No files to delete
>> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6.orig.tar.gz
> maildir-utils_0.6.orig.tar.gz did not match anything
> No files to delete
>> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6-1.diff.gz
> maildir-utils_0.6-1.diff.gz did not match anything
> No files to delete
>> rm --searchdirs maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.deb
> maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.deb did not match anything
> No files to delete
>

> Then uploading again I get:
> /maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes is already present on target host:
> maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.deb
> Either you already uploaded it, or someone else came first.
> Job maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes removed.

Apparently the package is in /src/ftp.debian.org/queue/unchecked (which
you can see on merkel).

> So *how* am I supposed to clean up that mess?

Either upload a higher version or have ftpmaster move that manualy I guess.

Cheers

Luk

Old 02-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Joerg Jaspert

On 12015 March 1977, Norbert Preining wrote:

> /maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes is already present on target host:
> maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.deb
> Either you already uploaded it, or someone else came first.
> Job maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes removed.

> So *how* am I supposed to clean up that mess?

Reupload.

--
bye, Joerg
I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will

Old 02-05-2010, 12:41 AM
Norbert Preining

On Do, 04 Feb 2010, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > /maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes is already present on target host:
> > maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.deb
> > Either you already uploaded it, or someone else came first.
> > Job maildir-utils_0.6-1_amd64.changes removed.
>
> > So *how* am I supposed to clean up that mess?
>
> Reupload.

Thanks a lot, worked.

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TU Wien, Austria Debian TeX Task Force
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
`...You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call
attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling
anyone or anything.'
`But the plans were on display...'
`On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to
find them.'
`That's the display department.'
`With a torch.'
`Ah, well the lights had probably gone.'
`So had the stairs.'
`But look you found the notice didn't you?'
yes I did. It was on display in the
bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused
lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of The
Leopard".'
--- Arthur singing the praises of the local council planning
--- department.