Old 01-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Rémi Denis-Courmont

Default RFS: miredo

Hello,

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Remi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > Package: wnpp
> > Severity: normal
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > I request assistance with maintaining the miredo package.
> >
> > The last update has unfortunately introduced a severe regression. That
> > bug was upstream, but that's hardly an excuse since I am upstream too.
> > In the mean time, I have lost contact of my sponsor (no answer from
> > emails and IRC), and haven't been able to get a new on debian-mentors.
>
> miredo is awesome. I'm paulproteus@debian.org and paulproteus on IRC and
> would love to sponsor uploads and make sure miredo in Debian is as good
as
> possible.

Great, thanks!

Could you check if
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/miredo/miredo_1.2.2-1.dsc is
OK?

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> What exactly do you need? Sponsorship, testing, or more active
> packaging stuff?

I just need a new sponsor or a DD co-maintainer.
Packaging is OK. Testing is always welcome but I don't particularly need it
at this point.

Best regards,

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net

Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Asheesh Laroia

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

Hello,

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

What exactly do you need? Sponsorship, testing, or more active
packaging stuff?

I just need a new sponsor or a DD co-maintainer.
Packaging is OK. Testing is always welcome but I don't particularly need it
at this point.

Hey! Looks pretty good. A few questions:

* What's with the patch to src/main.c? It'd be nice if you'd explain it in
debian/changelog or something.

* What's the regression that "upstream" introduced that you were concerned
about?

* Have you tried building it in a clean pbuilder? That doesn't work for
me. Here's the log:

gpgv: keyblock resource `/tmp/buildd/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg': file open
error
gpgv: Signature made Wed Jan 20 17:36:51 2010 UTC using DSA key ID
DD6D12BD

gpgv: Can't check signature: public key not found
dpkg-source: warning: failed to verify signature on ./miredo_1.2.2-1.dsc
dpkg-source: info: extracting miredo in miredo-1.2.2
dpkg-source: info: unpacking miredo_1.2.2.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: applying miredo_1.2.2-1.diff.gz
dpkg-source: info: upstream files that have been modified:
miredo-1.2.2/src/main.c
I: Building the package
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: source package miredo
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 1.2.2-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi@remlab.net>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
fakeroot debian/rules clean
test -x debian/rules
dh_testroot
/usr/bin/make -C . -k distclean
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/miredo-1.2.2'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/miredo-1.2.2'
make: [makefile-clean] Error 2 (ignored)
rm -f debian/stamp-makefile-build
for i in ./admin/config.guess ./admin/config.sub ./admin/config.rpath ; do

if test -e $i.cdbs-orig ; then
mv $i.cdbs-orig $i ;
fi ;
done
rm -f debian/cdbs-install-list debian/cdbs-package-list
dh_clean
rm -f debian/stamp-autotools-files
rm -f stamp-autoreconf
dpkg-source -b miredo-1.2.2
dpkg-source: info: using source format `1.0'
dpkg-source: info: building miredo using existing miredo_1.2.2.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: building miredo in miredo_1.2.2-1.diff.gz
dpkg-source: warning: the diff modifies the following upstream files:
src/main.c
dpkg-source: info: use the '3.0 (quilt)' format to have separate and
documented changes to upstream files, see dpkg-source(1)

dpkg-source: info: building miredo in miredo_1.2.2-1.dsc
debian/rules build
test -x debian/rules
mkdir -p "."
autoreconf -fi
autopoint: *** cvs program not found
autopoint: *** Stop.
autoreconf: autopoint failed with exit status: 1
make: *** [stamp-autoreconf] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
E: Failed autobuilding of package
I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
I: unmounting proc filesystem
I: cleaning the build env
I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//17397 and its
subdirectories

So I guess you're missing a build dependency. Weird, though, since it
looks more like autoreconf is the one missing the build dependency?

If you'd like help with any of this, e.g. setting up a pbuilder, let me
know!

-- Asheesh.

--
If you really want pure ASCII, save it as text... or browse
it with your favorite browser...