Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Daniel Baumann

Default Misc developer news (#20)

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Notification of failed builds
> -----------------------------
>
> The autobuilding system now mails notifications for failed builds to the
> PTS, keyword buildd. Everybody who was subscribed to a package through
> the "default" keyword as of Jan 7, 2009 will receive them, it is also in
> the default set of keywords when you newly subscribe to a package. Please
> note that these notifications do not necessarily mean bug reports in your
> package but could also be caused by other packages, temporary
> uninstallabilities and arch-specific breakages. A look at the build log
> despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.

how about maintainers, will i get it automatically for my packages, or
do i have to do something in order to get them?

anyhow, thanks for implementing it. extremely useful feature.

--
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email: daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net

Old 01-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Raphael Hertzog

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Notification of failed builds
> > -----------------------------
> >
> > The autobuilding system now mails notifications for failed builds to the
> > PTS, keyword buildd. Everybody who was subscribed to a package through
> > the "default" keyword as of Jan 7, 2009 will receive them, it is also in
> > the default set of keywords when you newly subscribe to a package. Please
> > note that these notifications do not necessarily mean bug reports in your
> > package but could also be caused by other packages, temporary
> > uninstallabilities and arch-specific breakages. A look at the build log
> > despite this disclaimer would be appreciated however.
>
> how about maintainers, will i get it automatically for my packages, or
> do i have to do something in order to get them?

Maintainers do not get it because there would no easy way to opt out if it
was mailed directly to them (while with the PTS one can always disable the
buildd keyword).

Cheers,
--
RaphaŽl Hertzog

Old 01-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Daniel Baumann

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Maintainers do not get it because there would no easy way to opt out if it
> was mailed directly to them (while with the PTS one can always disable the
> buildd keyword).

so i'll subscribe for my packages for only the buildd keyword. thanks.