Old 01-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Frank Küster

Default Correct spelling/capitalisation of project names

Maybe also something along

tetex -> teTeX
Tetex -> teTeX
TeTeX -> teTeX
(but any mention of teTeX, bless its memory, is probably a bug anyway)

tex[-]*live -> TeX Live
TeX[-]*live -> TeX Live
TeX[-]*Live -> TeX Live

and even

TEX[^tT] -> TeX

which may give many semi-false positives: Lots of things not relating to TeX,
but still without shouty capitals in the correct form.

Regards, Frank

Old 01-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Josselin Mouette

Le mercredi 09 janvier 2008 à 13:54 +0000, Neil Williams a écrit :
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 13:33:35 +0100
> Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> wrote:
> > I'm not a GNOME expert, but is there any reason why a GNOME component
> > capitalise differently GNOME?

Historical reasons, I guess.

> GnomeVFS is used by GNOME but it does not require GNOME itself. It
> isn't a "part of GNOME"

Erm, GnomeVFS is a key part of the GNOME platform.

> and in some ways it could be called GVFS to
> indicate a relationship with libglib2.0-0 (used by all GNOME libraries
> and lots of none-GNOME ones).

GVFS is a different project, which is eventually going to replace
GnomeVFS, but with a different API.

--
.'`.
`- our own. Resistance is futile.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Neil Williams

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:25:17 +0100
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> Le mercredi 09 janvier 2008 à 13:54 +0000, Neil Williams a écrit :
> > GnomeVFS is used by GNOME but it does not require GNOME itself. It
> > isn't a "part of GNOME"
>
> Erm, GnomeVFS is a key part of the GNOME platform.

It isn't part of GNOME in the same way as libgnomeui or nautilus - it
can easily be used by packages that have no GNOME dependencies. It is
very useful that packages can use GnomeVFS with GTK+ without
gnomecanvas, libgnomeui and the rest of GNOME.

> > and in some ways it could be called GVFS to
> > indicate a relationship with libglib2.0-0 (used by all GNOME libraries
> > and lots of none-GNOME ones).
>
> GVFS is a different project, which is eventually going to replace
> GnomeVFS, but with a different API.

Sounds useful - I look forward to migrating my upstream projects to it
if it is similarly free of other GNOME dependencies.

--

Neil Williams
=============

Old 01-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Armin Berres

On Mon, 07 Jan 08 20:06, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Some weeks ago I noticed that some package descriptions incorrectly spell
> some project names, mainly because of capitalisation.
> For example GNOME is being spelt in some packages as Gnome, or simply gnome,
> when its right spelling: GNOME. Other project names such as Debian, KDE and
> Linux aren't being correctly capitalised.

Could you also search for occurrences of Kde or kde? Should be KDE.
Don't know if it is worth to look for it (doesn't happen to often), but
KDE3 should be KDE 3 and KDE4 KDE 4 (same for Kde3 and friends...).

Thanks
Armin

Old 01-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Michael Biebl