Old 01-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Kai Wasserbäch

Default ossp-uuid: Orphaning, a new upload or removal?

Dear Piotr,
your package ossp-uuid wasn't updated since 2006 by you. In the meantime Steve
Langasek and myself fixed several severe bugs (NMU). But we were both limited by
what a NMU can do. This leaves the package in a shape I'd call unfit for release
even though currently no RC bug is reported against it (I fixed the last).

Therefore I'd like to ask you to either resume your work on the package, orphan
it or ask for its removal. Though I'd say orphaning would be best for the
moment, as postgresql seems to Build-Depend on ossp-uuid.

Please note: because the next release starts to appear on the horizon and any
action regarding ossp-uuid would have to be taken before the freeze, I'll expect
your answer within 20 days (2010-02-15). I don't intend to give an offence by
this, it's just to make sure, somebody might have time to step up and take over
the package, in case that should be needed.

Kind regards,
Kai Wasserbäch

P.S.: I'm CCing debian-devel (to give a warning ahead to anybody interested in
postgresql) and mia (to document this contact attempt).

--

Kai Wasserbäch (Kai Wasserbaech)

E-Mail: debian@carbon-project.org
Jabber (debianforum.de): Drizzt
GnuPG: 0xE1DE59D2 0600 96CE F3C8 E733 E5B6 1587 A309 D76C E1DE 59D2
(http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xE1DE59D2&fingerprint=on&hash=on&op =vindex)

Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Marco Nenciarini

Kai Wasserbäch ha scritto:
> Please note: because the next release starts to appear on the horizon and any
> action regarding ossp-uuid would have to be taken before the freeze, I'll expect
> your answer within 20 days (2010-02-15). I don't intend to give an offence by
> this, it's just to make sure, somebody might have time to step up and take over
> the package, in case that should be needed.

I'm interested in maintaining it. If the maintainer agree and no-one
have any objection I'll try to make an updated package based on latest
release and the latest packaging from Ubuntu.

Kind regards,
Marco

| Marco Nenciarini | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| mnencia@prato.linux.it | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia |
Key fingerprint = FED9 69C7 9E67 21F5 7D95 5270 6864 730D F095 E5E4

Old 01-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Marco Nenciarini

Marco Nenciarini ha scritto:
> Kai Wasserbäch ha scritto:
>> Please note: because the next release starts to appear on the horizon and any
>> action regarding ossp-uuid would have to be taken before the freeze, I'll expect
>> your answer within 20 days (2010-02-15). I don't intend to give an offence by
>> this, it's just to make sure, somebody might have time to step up and take over
>> the package, in case that should be needed.
>>

> I'm interested in maintaining it. If the maintainer agree and no-one
> have any objection I'll try to make an updated package based on latest
> release and the latest packaging from Ubuntu.
>
> Kind regards,
> Marco

I've done some work on ossp-uuid package. I've just put it in a git
repository on alioth[1]. It fixes almost all open bugs in BTS.

It's still version 1.5.1 because 1.6.2 version require a soname change.

Of course, I'll upload it only if needed, otherwise I hope my patches
will help the previous maintainer to do his work.

Kind regards,
Marco

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/ossp-uuid.git

Old 02-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Marco Nenciarini

Marco Nenciarini ha scritto:
> Marco Nenciarini ha scritto:
>> Kai Wasserbäch ha scritto:
>>> Please note: because the next release starts to appear on the horizon and any
>>> action regarding ossp-uuid would have to be taken before the freeze, I'll expect
>>> your answer within 20 days (2010-02-15). I don't intend to give an offence by
>>> this, it's just to make sure, somebody might have time to step up and take over
>>> the package, in case that should be needed.
>>>
>> I'm interested in maintaining it. If the maintainer agree and no-one
>> have any objection I'll try to make an updated package based on latest
>> release and the latest packaging from Ubuntu.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Marco
>>

> I've done some work on ossp-uuid package. I've just put it in a git
> repository on alioth[1]. It fixes almost all open bugs in BTS.
>
> It's still version 1.5.1 because 1.6.2 version require a soname change.
>
> Of course, I'll upload it only if needed, otherwise I hope my patches
> will help the previous maintainer to do his work.
>
> Kind regards,
> Marco
>
> [1] http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/ossp-uuid.git

Since I didn't see any response from Piotr I'm going ahead to hijack the
package. I've just upload version 1.5.1-2 version in the DELAYED-10 queue.