-   -   correct way to mount stuff on tmpfs (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/314843-correct-way-mount-stuff-tmpfs.html)

Thomas Koch 01-25-2010 05:12 PM

correct way to mount stuff on tmpfs

Hi,

while searching the right way to use tmpfs for a few locations, I found this
howto:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=16450

What do you think about this approach? If you think, this is the right way,
then I'd make a Debian package out of it with nice debconf question, which
things to mount and so on.
However, there are the options RAMRUN and RAMLOCK in /etc/default/rcS, but
they're not really helpful, because there are many more places that make sense
in tmpfs. (pbuilder, apt cache)

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Luca Capello 01-25-2010 09:35 PM

correct way to mount stuff on tmpfs

Hi there!

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:12:15 +0100, Thomas Koch wrote:
> However, there are the options RAMRUN and RAMLOCK in /etc/default/rcS, but
> they're not really helpful, because there are many more places that make sense
> in tmpfs. (pbuilder, apt cache)

Like /tmp <http://bugs.debian.org/402828> ?

IMHO /etc/default/rcS should manage the most common places, then any
other scripts should also consider the values in that file.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Ivan Jager 01-26-2010 02:17 AM

correct way to mount stuff on tmpfs