Old 01-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Frank Niedermann

Default Roundcube does not create database

Hi,

I have installed the package roundcube on Debian Squeeze. It does not create
the required database (roundcube-core and roundcube-mysql also installed). I
already tried with dpkg-reconfigure but this does not work either.

Other packages like phpmyadmin do work fine and are able to create the
database.

Is this a known issue or should I create a bugreport? Can I fix it on my
own?

Frank

Old 01-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:39:50AM -0800, Frank Niedermann wrote:

> I have installed the package roundcube on Debian Squeeze. It does not create
> the required database (roundcube-core and roundcube-mysql also installed). I
> already tried with dpkg-reconfigure but this does not work either.
>
> Other packages like phpmyadmin do work fine and are able to create the
> database.
>
> Is this a known issue or should I create a bugreport? Can I fix it on my
> own?

Why don't you check BTS if it is known issue?
Do you really think it's problem for debian-devel mailing list?

regards
fEnIo

--
,'`. Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
: :' : 32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - malopolskie v. - Poland

Old 01-25-2010, 04:39 AM
Frank Niedermann

Hi fEnIo,

I already looked twice at BTS in all three roundcube packages but found
nothing about the missing database. But as I'm using standard Squeeze
and run into this error I thought that other people must have the same
issue. I'm not sure if it's already reported as a bug or if it's a temporary
issue or if it's an issue on my system.

It's not a big deal for me because for roundcube I can easliy download
and use the tar.gz but that won't help fixing this issue (if it is one).

Regards,
Frank

Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Vincent Bernat

OoO Pendant le repas du dimanche 24 janvier 2010, vers 19:39, Frank
Niedermann <fbn@thelogic.org> disait*:

> I have installed the package roundcube on Debian Squeeze. It does not create
> the required database (roundcube-core and roundcube-mysql also installed). I
> already tried with dpkg-reconfigure but this does not work either.

> Other packages like phpmyadmin do work fine and are able to create the
> database.

> Is this a known issue or should I create a bugreport? Can I fix it on my
> own?

Well, dunno what happens. Database creation is done by
dbconfig-common. You should try "dpkg-reconfigure -plow roundcube-core"
to check if it asks something.
--
panic("esp: what could it be... I wonder...");
2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/esp.c

Old 01-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Frank Niedermann

Already tried "dpkg-reconfigure -plow roundcube-core". It asks
about the mailserver, encryption and stuff but not about the
database. When I installed phpmyadmin dbconfig-common asked
me to enter the database admin password and created the new
phpmyadmin database in MySQL.

I expected roundcube to do the same but it did not. It also did
not ask the mailserver settings, this only comes up with the -plow
parameter for dpkg-reconfigure.

Frank

Old 01-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Vincent Bernat

OoO Pendant le repas du mardi 26 janvier 2010, vers 19:17, Frank
Niedermann <fbn@thelogic.org> disait*:

> Already tried "dpkg-reconfigure -plow roundcube-core". It asks
> about the mailserver, encryption and stuff but not about the
> database. When I installed phpmyadmin dbconfig-common asked
> me to enter the database admin password and created the new
> phpmyadmin database in MySQL.

> I expected roundcube to do the same but it did not. It also did
> not ask the mailserver settings, this only comes up with the -plow
> parameter for dpkg-reconfigure.

Well, I don't know exactly how to solve your problem. You can ask on
debian-users@ldo (since debian-devel@ldo is not the right place to ask
for help on this) or file a bug report. I doubt that the bug is related
to roundcube since all database handling is done by dbconfig-common.

You can also look at :
debconf-get-selections | grep -E ^(roundcube-core|dbconfig-common)

"dbconfig-install" key should be "true".
--
BOFH excuse #269:
Melting hard drives