-   -   What criteria does ftpmaster use for the ‘copyright’ file of a package? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-development/313715-what-criteria-does-ftpmaster-use-copyrighta-file-package.html)

Charles Plessy 01-23-2010 02:01 AM

Le Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 02:48:39PM +1100, Ben Finney a écrit :

> Especially in combination with your later points (that the copyright
> notices can't be “corrected”, which I take to imply that aggregation and
> re-phrasing of the notices is also verboten), there seems to be little
> point reproducing the verbatim copyright *notices*, especially since
> they're all in the source regardless.

Dear all,

Given that the patch that is being rushed in the Policy (#566220) does not
clarify what is meant by “verbatim”, I urge the Policy maintainers or the
archive administrators to confirm if and when aggregation of the copyright
notices is permitted.

Alternatively, we could start a GR to at last find an exit to this endless
debate (In that case, I would propose that the only requirement is to respect
the license and the copyright laws, and that any extra is welcome but
optional).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy